Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Aug 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Feeling a bit deflated.

We were due to go next weekend SeaWorld, Busch and Aquatica planned with a lovely villa booked at Southern Dunes. We managed to get all our money back without any problems which made me happy. This should have been the weekend where I get the suitcases down ready to start packing and it has now dawned on me we have nothing to look forward to. Just feeling really gutted, I work hard to have nice holidays with my family but this year it's not to be 😢

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

I understand. We should be in Italy and although it’s only a holiday in the grand scheme things, it’s really disappointing and having nothing to look forward to is really hard.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Unfortunately most of us are in the same boat... we lost Florida and Lanzarote this year, and it's looking like we'll lose Lanzarote again in October, fed up to the back teeth with it all too 😢
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi
Me too, feeling a meh atm, we were supposed to go to Turkey this week and it's much more than a holiday as we go to visit family some we only get to see when we go there and as a full time carer it gives me and my husband a wee break as we have lots of family helping out which we don't have here. We were hoping for October but not sure now x
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Sadly I know how it feels too. We should have been in Athens 2 weeks ago and the day we should have flown I felt really sad. We cheered ourselves up by going on quite a few days trips which was really nice as we still felt we were getting out and enjoying ourselves. It certainly didn’t make up for the loss of the holiday but it helped a bit.

I’m expecting to feel the same in October. We changed our fantastic Mexico holiday (which I was very excited about as we had booked an eco hotel with wild animals roaming the grounds) to Majorca thinking it would be safer, but it’s looking less likely that we will be able to go there either 😢
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

I’m totally with you. Due to fly out on the 19th August. I’d be starting my packing by now. Cancelled my leave at work 😕 as not going to use 2 weeks and do nothing. Really missed the whole planning part this year as that’s one of the reasons I love going to Florida. Been feeling really rubbish now for a few weeks and just can’t snap out of it. ☹️
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

I think it’s hitting us all hard. We were due to go to Florida on the 26th and it’s pretty much all I can think about. Keep watching vlogs on you tube, not sure if that’s making me feel worse or better!

I’m just hoping that we’ll get to our happy place next year instead.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
Unfortunately most of us are in the same boat...
More "not on the same plane"!

I think these emotions are completely natural, and they wash over me every now and again.

We still watch a lot of Orlando theme park vlogs, although it often makes me sad to see the parks so empty. Don't get me wrong - short wait times for attractions is great - but the atmosphere that the hustle and bustle of a busy park provides is all part of the vibe we so love. (Just not too busy, eh?)

We try and console ourselves with the knowledge that we've been very fortunate in enjoying so many prior trips and that, for now, our health and financial position puts us in a better position than many others.

We will be able to travel again - hopefully this time next year this board is abuzz with the excitement of many people heading off for a mask-less more normal Florida holiday experience. I'm crossing my fingers anyway...

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Due to fly to MCO today , not had most of the money back yet so a bit meh.
On the positive side we are all still healthy, fingers crossed 🤞, touch wood etc.
Old 8 Aug 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

I think the majority of us share your pain. Since last November we have had six cruises cancelled owing to ill health or Covid. We have become a bit immune to the disappointment and anything we book now is almost with the expectation that we won’t go.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List