Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 23 Sep 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Barut hotels Turkey

I have seen lots of recommendations for the Lara Barut Collection hotel in Turkey on here... the dining concepts look fab and are just what we’re looking for (a true all inclusive). However, the rooms don’t look up to usual 5* standard and the ‘superior’ rooms seem to be in an annex? Some reviews imply this isn’t as nice as the main building? I’d rather not spend even more upgrading to a better room if I can... so I would love it if some trusty dibbers could shed some light on this

I have also looked at the other Barut hotels available with jet 2 which are as follows, but they’re not as close to the airport and don’t seem to have as many facilities as the Lara:

- Arum Barut collection
- Acanthus and Cennet Barut collection
- Barut Hemera (but this isn’t part of the ‘collection’ which I think means the all inclusive isn’t as good?)

Another option was the TUI sensatori in Rhodes (Atlantica Dreams) which is much cheaper, to the point where we could upgrade to a swim up room, but it seems to get hit or miss food reviews...

Thanks all!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
I have seen lots of recommendations for the Lara Barut Collection hotel in Turkey on here... the dining concepts look fab and are just what we’re looking for (a true all inclusive). However, the rooms don’t look up to usual 5* standard and the ‘superior’ rooms seem to be in an annex? Some reviews imply this isn’t as nice as the main building? I’d rather not spend even more upgrading to a better room if I can... so I would love it if some trusty dibbers could shed some light on this

I have also looked at the other Barut hotels available with jet 2 which are as follows, but they’re not as close to the airport and don’t seem to have as many facilities as the Lara:

- Arum Barut collection
- Barut Hemera (but this isn’t part of the ‘collection’ which I think means the all inclusive isn’t as good?)

Another option was the TUI sensatori in Rhodes (Atlantica Dreams) which is much cheaper, to the point where we could upgrade to a swim up room, but it seems to get hit or miss food reviews...

Thanks all!
We just stayed at that hotel In Rhodes a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. We had a swim up which we felt was needed as the poolside sun beds were reserved really early. The a la cartes were ok but we found the buffet food decent enough. We hired a car for a few days but spent the rest of the week on our terrace and in our swim up. The beach was pebbles which was the down side for me but other than that the rooms were amazing, service good and we really enjoyed the whole stay.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post

- Arum Barut collection

Thanks all!
Hehehe, ALL of those hotels are very familiar to me as we have been weighing up which to go for (and all of those are on our favourites list) for a last minute break

I am swayed by Lara Barut which has FABULOUS reviews but like you I can't quite put my finger on the book button...

A month ago we were in Rhodes and we stayed at Atlantica Imperial Resort and it was stunning. Our room was a superior sea view on the top floor looking directly out to sea over the beautiful lagoon style pool.
Our room was very recently refurbished, lovely decor, roomy, and shower was a double, twin head rainfall shower.

The food was lovely, lots of choice and well presented. They took COVID bery seriously too. Could highly recommend.
We have stayed at other Atlantica hotels over the years and all have been of a really high standard.

That was an adult only though, in case you're taking under 16s?
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We've recently come back from Turkey and stayed at The Residence at TUI Sensatori Barut Fethiye. It's another Barut run hotel with plenty of amenities and dining options to add to your shortlist. There is a sister hotel next door, also run by Barut called TUI Sensatori Barut Fethiye.

I'd happily go back and stay in either, however, the Residence would swing it as it has amazing rooms and the pool was the best that I've ever seen.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
We've recently come back from Turkey and stayed at The Residence at TUI Sensatori Barut Fethiye. It's another Barut run hotel with plenty of amenities and dining options to add to your shortlist. There is a sister hotel next door, also run by Barut called TUI Sensatori Barut Fethiye.

I'd happily go back and stay in either, however, the Residence would swing it as it has amazing rooms and the pool was the best that I've ever seen.
We wanted to stay there, at either! - but no availability for our dates Shame as looks and sounds wonderful!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
We wanted to stay there, at either! - but no availability for our dates Shame as looks and sounds wonderful!
Oh no, what a disappointment. It really was amazing and it's the kind of hotel that spoils other hotels as we'll forever be comparing them to The Residence! The staff were great too, nothing was ever too much trouble.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Oh no, what a disappointment. It really was amazing and it's the kind of hotel that spoils other hotels as we'll forever be comparing them to The Residence! The staff were great too, nothing was ever too much trouble.
I know! We faffed about too long deciding if were going to take another trip away or not - as there WAS availability a week or 2 back when we looked
One for a future trip for sure!
Old 23 Sep 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
We just stayed at that hotel In Rhodes a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. We had a swim up which we felt was needed as the poolside sun beds were reserved really early. The a la cartes were ok but we found the buffet food decent enough. We hired a car for a few days but spent the rest of the week on our terrace and in our swim up. The beach was pebbles which was the down side for me but other than that the rooms were amazing, service good and we really enjoyed the whole stay.
Thank you, good to hear a review of this one
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Hehehe, ALL of those hotels are very familiar to me as we have been weighing up which to go for (and all of those are on our favourites list) for a last minute break

I am swayed by Lara Barut which has FABULOUS reviews but like you I can't quite put my finger on the book button...

A month ago we were in Rhodes and we stayed at Atlantica Imperial Resort and it was stunning. Our room was a superior sea view on the top floor looking directly out to sea over the beautiful lagoon style pool.
Our room was very recently refurbished, lovely decor, roomy, and shower was a double, twin head rainfall shower.

The food was lovely, lots of choice and well presented. They took COVID bery seriously too. Could highly recommend.
We have stayed at other Atlantica hotels over the years and all have been of a really high standard.

That was an adult only though, in case you're taking under 16s?
Adult only sounds good to me! I’ll have a look at that one, thanks. I have been leaning towards Turkey the last couple of days though but I still think a deal in Rhodes could win me over. I think it’s only the rooms putting me off the Lara in Turkey, the rest looks perfect.
Old 23 Sep 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Just looked at this one, it looks beautiful but TUIs flight times from Birmingham to Turkey for our dates are not the best (middle of the night)