Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 3 Oct 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Changing holiday with Tui

Hi!

We had a Turkey booked over half term but as we’ll need to quarantine on return we are not able to go. We’ve booked through TUI but they’ve sent an email saying that we can alter it, when I click on the link it takes me to first choice holidays and gives me options to change to holidays that don’t seem available on the TUI website. Has anyone rebooked like this?
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

First choice is tui. First choice is only all inclusive.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Ah brill! Thank yiu
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
simmofamily
Imagineer

TUI and First Choice are the same company. If you log into your booking on the TUI website you should be able to amend there. Unlike me who's on hold at the moment on the phone. We've already amended ours from Lanzarote in June to Tenerife on the 18th October and then on Wednesday I called to amend to Turkey as Tenerife wasn't going to happen, then Turkey gets Lockdowned. Now booked Rhodes so fingers crossed will get there. We're going on the 17th so see never know might see you there
Old 3 Oct 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Originally Posted by simmofamily View Post
TUI and First Choice are the same company. If you log into your booking on the TUI website you should be able to amend there. Unlike me who's on hold at the moment on the phone. We've already amended ours from Lanzarote in June to Tenerife on the 18th October and then on Wednesday I called to amend to Turkey as Tenerife wasn't going to happen, then Turkey gets Lockdowned. Now booked Rhodes so fingers crossed will get there. We're going on the 17th so see never know might see you there
Glad you’ve got sorted! It feels like we’re just chasing holidays at the moment! I assume that all the same things are in place with the alterations, if we need to move or cancel, we can? I’m unable to quarantine for two weeks because of my job so I hope it stays off the list. Were you told about anything you needed to do beforehand like fill in the form for the QR code?
Old 3 Oct 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
simmofamily
Imagineer

Yes it can be amended although they wouldn't commit to saying it could be cancelled. However they can't fly if there's a quarentine in place so as I see it if it came to the last minute they would cancel it therefore we would be offered a refund.
When it comes to Greece I was a bit worried about having to have a covid test but they didn't say so just have to fill in a PLF form at least 24 hours before and take it to the airport. There is a link on the email they send. Hopefully we'll get there this time. I like you work and they would not be happy if I had to quarantine and I wouldn't be paid. However if quarantine gets put in place when I'm there then they do pay me
Old 3 Oct 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mine won’t pay me even if it’s only put in quarantine while I’m out there. I don’t know whether to just cancel full stop and rebook something from scratch at very last minute.
Old 3 Oct 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink Tina
slightly serious Dibber

I must say Tui were brilliant with changing our holiday.

We were going to Zante in September but our flight and hotel were cancelled, we rebooked an earlier flight and different hotel in same resort.
However the week before Boris said no, I got straight on the phone and we amended to Corfu and we couldn’t have had a nicer holiday.
Old 3 Oct 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by anna68 View Post
First choice is tui. First choice is only all inclusive.
First choice also do self catering and half board now too. Changed a while ago.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
First choice also do self catering and half board now too. Changed a while ago.
Ah ok didn’t realise that!
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List