Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Oct 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

WDW queues

I was just watching a video of the queues at the MK. For 25% capacity they looked absolutely horrendous. I cannot for the life of me see how without fastpasses being available for next year in the busiest months you would never ever get on a ride. You would spend so much time queuing that the day would be over before you knew it. Big queues for food too, making the whole experience a non experience.

I know, I'm just as eager as many of you, to get back to Disney for the 'magic holiday' (had to cancel mine for next year - family decision, and the only member who didnt agree). It is such an expensive holiday that I think for us the right decision was made. I certainly couldn't and wouldn't queue for 1 or 2 hours, most would be 30 mins but I cannot see that happening in the busiest months.

So for everyone that has booked, I really really hope that things change in 2021 for you all. Fastpasses back and park hopping too. Plus all things that make a WDW trip exciting.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi, I have been watching Tim Tracker videos too - he is brilliant!

The queues look longer due to social distancing. The average wait time is around 60 minutes plus. Not much worse than normal. Remember, due to no fast pass nobody else will get on any quicker!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Hi, I have been watching Tim Tracker videos too - he is brilliant!

The queues look longer due to social distancing. The average wait time is around 60 minutes plus. Not much worse than normal. Remember, due to no fast pass nobody else will get on any quicker!
60 minutes is way beyond my threshold. If they don’t bring FP back or some kind of virtual queue I’ll have to rethink whether we’ll go next year. The thought of queuing for an hour for every ride fills me with dread.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

They will have to figure something out if people are spending the majority of their time in queues to maybe of ridden 4 or 5 rides in a day. People in queues means less money spent on food and souvenirs. Increase the number of fastpasses booked at once and have no standby lines? Virtual queues?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
Fastpass is expensive to operate - needs more staff on every ride plus all the technical support.

I’m sure it will be back once capacity is back to normal
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
60 minutes is way beyond my threshold. If they don’t bring FP back or some kind of virtual queue I’ll have to rethink whether we’ll go next year. The thought of queuing for an hour for every ride fills me with dread.
Worse than that: the socially-distanced nature of queues currently means many extend outdoors where you could be waiting for quite some time in the sun.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
At least you will have plenty of time to explore the ride theming
Old 17 Oct 20, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Watching theses live vlogs the queues do look big but cause of social distancing it’s really only half the time. Don’t understand why they can’t fill every row as you got to wear your mask 95% of the time in the parks.
The queue times are posted longer than usual to keep the queues to a minimum. For Example Peter Pan was listed for a hour but was only really 30 to 40 mins.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by themeparksandy View Post
Watching theses live vlogs the queues do look big but cause of social distancing it’s really only half the time. Don’t understand why they can’t fill every row as you got to wear your mask 95% of the time in the parks.
The queue times are posted longer than usual to keep the queues to a minimum. For Example Peter Pan was listed for a hour but was only really 30 to 40 mins.
Because face coverings are only effective if you also use social distancing.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

What we also dont know is how many were visiting the parks 6 weeks ago, could have been as low as 10 -15% and now could be 25%.
People are happier to go out and about now and there are some good deals for the hotels.
Plus everyone is outside so it will always look busier

Having a fast pass queue will mean that a few guests will wait less but the others will wait longer or be walking back and forth more

If they sort out the food lines I think it will flow better