Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 Mar 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile What is Universal like during the days of Halloween Horror Nights?

We are heading there in sept 2020, and I’m pretty sure horror nights will be on whilst we are there. We won’t be going because I’m a massive wimp, but what should we know about what the days are like there?

Are they busier, quieter? What times do the parks close for the events?

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

The park will close at 5pm, so it tends to get quieter around an hour or so beforehand, but people with a HHN ticket do not have to leave the park and they can go into a holding area. All decorations etc. Are covered up so don't be worried of you have kiddos as they won't see anything, and there will be no scare actors until the park officially opens again around 7pm. I've always stayed in the park on a horror night and the crowds have been fine x
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

We were last year and a few days the parks were really quiet (can’t remember how it worked out but I think it was the Studios that was quiet as it was going to shut at 5pm)
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

We find the opposite that the parks start to get busier in the afternoon, all people with Hhn tickets have to have a day ticket also to stay in the park prior to closing to the public, so they can access the holding pens. So the people with day tickets usually get in early in readiness

Jules

Edited at 09:35 AM.
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

We found the parks to be fine, if not on the quieter side. Citywalk was quite a lot busier last year before the party than it was in 2017 which was a bit odd. We ate in the parks instead a few days as it could be a bit quieter - especially say the marvel area in Islands of adventure.

From about 4 Studios got busier in my experience, but as we had express passes we got every ride we wanted done before then and spent an hour or so exploring the shops then went back to the hotel to chill. Worked for us and led to a lovely and relaxing trip, not often you can say that about a theme park.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List