Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Mar 20, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile Adult colouring books, recommendations?

No not THAT sort of adult colouring book! 🤣
I’m thinking of getting some for my mother in law who is isolating. I’ve never bought them before and wouldn’t know what type of colouring pens to get or where to start really. Can you recommend any particular ones to look out for? Ones I can pick up on the high street would be a bonus.
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The works bad a good selection and reasonably priced when I was in there yesterday. They sell colour pencils too
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

I prefer pencils because they dont bleed through the paper. Lots in hobbycraft, the works, whsmith x
Old 20 Mar 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post

I like the "secret" books by Johanna basford.

Picked up the secret ocean in the works today.

Have the secret jungle and the secret garden off Amazon slightly more expensive but seem to be the white pages rather than the cream which the works is.

This one is lovely...

amazon/gp/aw/d/1780671067

If you fancy a good starter pack for current times this is pretty good. The colouring books included are not the originals and are quite small but ok to start.

Good value at £24 ish for the 120 pack. Bought two this week one for me and one for my mum. We are each going to do the same picture at a time and see how we go.

amazon/gp/aw/d/B07P61ZGT2

Edited at 11:26 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I was about to recommend the books I have which are all swear words-then realised it was for your mum, maybe not?
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I’m happy with any of the adult colouring books from The Works or Amazon and love a nice set of colouring pencils. My favourites are the ones in a tin that are in colour order and I buy a new sharpener to keep them nice. It goes back to secondary school where I’d put a tin of pencils on my Christmas list as they were expensive.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

I really like these ones
amazon/dp/94600981...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Really nice thick paper, so doesn’t bleed, can use pencils, pen or paint, they have smaller versions too (this is the huge ones)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you do get colouring pencils and I think these are better than pens remember to get a pencil sharpener too as nothing worse than a blunt colouring pencil.

Ok now having flashbacks to my time as a junior lawyer the joke always was that all property lawyers did was colour in ! I miss it.
vhm672 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

Lots in pounds stretchers or home bargains. 👍
Old 21 Mar 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

I love a colouring book.

If it's just to relieve boredom then any are fine, there are some good ones in The Works and Whsmith.
Pens and pencils wise same really applies, but if you wanted anything a bit more 'special' Johanna Basford, Millie Marotta, Hannah Lynn et al do nice books and you can get some lovely Stabilo and staedtler pens.

Also there are loads of great Disney books on Amazon like mosaics, silhouettes, colour by numbers and princesses!
debojahh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List