Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Feb 12, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Lee2112
Imagineer

Footwear?

Hi all! Can I ask what kind of footwear you'd tend to wear in DLP? I would normally tend towards crocs but since I'm sure there'll be moisture of some kind that might be a bad idea, what do you bring? I'll be buying something soon, hopefully Thanks!
Old 6 Feb 12, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
stitcher3000
Imagineer

stitcher3000's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
In bad weather I wear fit flop boots or trainers, very comfy.
stitcher3000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 12, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

I have walking boots that only ever come out of the wardrobe to go to DLP with me - they are a godsend! I'm going in June this time though, first time in 3 years we'll be there in early Summer, so I'll be looking out for some walking sandals to wear. Comfort comes before style every time for me for footwear at DLP .
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 12, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
I have walking boots that only ever come out of the wardrobe to go to DLP with me - they are a godsend! I'm going in June this time though, first time in 3 years we'll be there in early Summer, so I'll be looking out for some walking sandals to wear. Comfort comes before style every time for me for footwear at DLP .
I have walking shoes too!

I have a foot injury and find that my Nike air are great for lots of walking and they still allow your foot to breathe with the heat.

We'll be there 5-8 June - when you going?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 12, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

you're there just before us - we arrive on the 10th . I have a dodgy right ankle and its a bit of a mare in the summer to be honest, can't wear flat flats, need support round my ankle and heel, but really like wearing mules and sandals.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 12, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
you're there just before us - we arrive on the 10th . I have a dodgy right ankle and its a bit of a mare in the summer to be honest, can't wear flat flats, need support round my ankle and heel, but really like wearing mules and sandals.
I've just had my right food injected with a steroid cause I have a shooting pain go thru my foot as it hits floor. I'm like you love to wear sandals but unfortunately I'm better off wearing trainer/walking shoes as the sandals strap goes over the injured area and I need the support. I did buy some summer type leather shoes that lace up like trainers in the sale but my foot was too fragile last year to break them in! Hoping once my foot recovers from the steroid I may be able to break them in for June!
Old 10 Feb 12, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lee2112
Imagineer

Thanks everyone! I found what I hope will be a good mixture of my beloved (but not ideal for my feet) Converse and comfy crocs, I've ordered them in black
crocs.eu/crocs-hover-mid-...women-footwear
Old 11 Feb 12, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post

I wore a cheap version of an Ugg boot last time i went! Never again! my feet were soo sore!
So ive invested in some Skecher boots! They are THE most comfortable Boots ive ever bought! They have a thick rubber sole, so feel quite spongy to walk on, and they are great ankle warmers for this weather!

usually you feel you need to "break" shoes in! But with these i didnt at all! Can walk miles without sore feet (i think you might be able to tell i love these boots)
Old 11 Feb 12, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Lee2112
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs Pluto View Post
I wore a cheap version of an Ugg boot last time i went! Never again! my feet were soo sore!
So ive invested in some Skecher boots! They are THE most comfortable Boots ive ever bought! They have a thick rubber sole, so feel quite spongy to walk on, and they are great ankle warmers for this weather!

usually you feel you need to "break" shoes in! But with these i didnt at all! Can walk miles without sore feet (i think you might be able to tell i love these boots)
Ooh, I was actually going to go to the Sketchers shop tomorrow for a look, are they tone ups or shape ups or just normal ones? I must have a try on of a few pairs, I've had some very comfy Sketchers in the past!
Old 11 Feb 12, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Lee2112 View Post
Ooh, I was actually going to go to the Sketchers shop tomorrow for a look, are they tone ups or shape ups or just normal ones? I must have a try on of a few pairs, I've had some very comfy Sketchers in the past!

OOh you so should Mine are Tone Up's Ive just tried looking for mine online,but cant find them! They are suede ankle ones! So much room in them aswell. I didnt think they would be water proof... But with this snow its proved they are! Not a wet toe in site!
I think ive wore these nearly every day since buying them

Sketchers are def the way forward
Closed Thread