Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 8 Mar 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Think there's something a bit weird happening. I stayed at SSR in November last year and had a DVC preferred studio booked for one night and had requested Congress Park.

As previously mentioned, we were allocated a room there but it was not refurbished and VERY damp. We complained, were given a cash credit and notes were put on our booking for next month (not preferred) to make sure that we were allocated a 'decent room' and the Manager suggested The Springs.

Up until a few days ago that request was listed on the booking with no option to do online check in. It has now disappeared and gives me the option to choose Congress Park, Paddock or Grandstand.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
Think there's something a bit weird happening. I stayed at SSR in November last year and had a DVC preferred studio booked for one night and had requested Congress Park.

As previously mentioned, we were allocated a room there but it was not refurbished and VERY damp. We complained, were given a cash credit and notes were put on our booking for next month (not preferred) to make sure that we were allocated a 'decent room' and the Manager suggested The Springs.

Up until a few days ago that request was listed on the booking with no option to do online check in. It has now disappeared and gives me the option to choose Congress Park, Paddock or Grandstand.

Jill
I remember your post. The room was in Block 4 and that Block was half under renovation and half not, hence the issues.

I would be E Mailing SSR a week before your arrival explaining what happened and the assurances you were given. Sad to say I have seen these 'promises' not materialise but fingers crossed for you.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I think you're right, and have zero confidence myself. I think I'll keep checking the reservation but if nothing changes I'll definitely be making contact rather than checking in online.

Jill

Edited to add

I'd appreciate it if you have an email address and could PM me or put me in the right direction.

Thanks again
Jill

Edited at 07:33 PM.
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I suspect those disgusting dispensers aren't in the un renovated rooms due to cost as they will get slung when the renovation occurs.

What doughnut decided the best place for them is at the back of the tub!
How can you have a bath and get at them when they are behind you. Not that I use them as we take our own stuff including bars of soap.

For those who like them get a cotton bud and wipe behind the bottles - gross!
So grim 🤢 I wonder if they’ve had many complaints!
Old 8 Mar 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
I think you're right, and have zero confidence myself. I think I'll keep checking the reservation but if nothing changes I'll definitely be making contact rather than checking in online.

Jill

Edited to add

I'd appreciate it if you have an email address and could PM me or put me in the right direction.

Thanks again
Jill
Cooking now. I will PM you the address to use by 8.00pm

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Sorry, can I check please- it sounds like th latest update is that Congress Park is nearly done and the Springs has started?
We have a short stay using “preferred” points in May so want to request Congress Park as we likely trot over to the DS a bit to eat. Are we likely to get a remodelled room? We actually prefer the Paddock but for a few day would like to try congress as we have spent those preferred points.
If not, because Springs is still in remodel we would prefer an old room at the Paddock even on those points.
Perhaps that is the request we could put in?
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Sorry, can I check please- it sounds like th latest update is that Congress Park is nearly done and the Springs has started?
We have a short stay using “preferred” points in May so want to request Congress Park as we likely trot over to the DS a bit to eat. Are we likely to get a remodelled room? We actually prefer the Paddock but for a few day would like to try congress as we have spent those preferred points.
If not, because Springs is still in remodel we would prefer an old room at the Paddock even on those points.
Perhaps that is the request we could put in?
I think Congress is now actually finished totally but haven’t seen any update for a few weeks. The Springs was being worked on about 8 weeks ago it started from memory without looking back at this thread (equipment was moved) . Yes you can ask for Congress, but you are not guaranteed to get it.
Old 10 Mar 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I think Congress is now actually finished totally but haven’t seen any update for a few weeks. The Springs was being worked on about 8 weeks ago it started from memory without looking back at this thread (equipment was moved) . Yes you can ask for Congress, but you are not guaranteed to get it.
That’s what I am thinking so we don’t want Springs if there is building work. I guess they will be happy if say we are OK to stay in standard with preferred points as a second choice.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Hi folks

Does anyone know when this refurb was originally meant to be finished? We've decided to postpone our onsite stay from this year to October 2021. Will be hoping for SSR to become available. We love Grandstand but looking at maps I'd guess this may be last to be refurbed? I assume all works have stopped at the moment. Thanks
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Hi folks

Does anyone know when this refurb was originally meant to be finished? We've decided to postpone our onsite stay from this year to October 2021. Will be hoping for SSR to become available. We love Grandstand but looking at maps I'd guess this may be last to be refurbed? I assume all works have stopped at the moment. Thanks
It was meant to finish maybe spring/ summer 2021. No one is sure if work stopped, but it’s looking like it possibly did.
Yes Grandstand could be late in the schedule. By then though preferred should all be done.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List