Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 16 Jun 19, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
That was a very full on first full day. Glad you enjoyed Volcano Bay after the stressful start you had. You are a braver woman than me agreeing to the bungee thingy!
Clever idea to have the rolls made for tomorrow. I only ever have two to get out the door in Orlando - DH and DS - and that can be difficult enough at times.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 03:48 AM  
Link to this Post
roisin
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by prugone View Post
I had nightmares after just watching that bungee thing. Given a choice of death or that I'm not sure which I'd choose!
Ye I have to admit it was mainly because I wouldn’t be able to listen to dp slagging me off for being afraid..was glad I did it thou.
roisin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 03:50 AM  
Link to this Post
roisin
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by florida addict View Post
We never got to Steak and Shake before on previous trips but the girls are mad to try the shakes so well up our list. they are also mad to go back to Buffalo wild wings
great reading
Definitely try and get there it really is lovely or even just for a milkshake ..they do the milkshakes half price mon to Friday from 2-5pm ..I love a bargain 😉
Old 17 Jun 19, 03:55 AM  
Link to this Post
roisin
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

[QUOTE=Ciano;13904792]Ah Roisin I'm so glad I came across your post this morning! We are from Kildare and travelling same route as u this day 4 weeks! We r going Gat to Orl with BA thou. Great to follow your report. Don't worry about waffling on that's the best bit for us addicts. Hope you all have a ball. Takes a couple of days to settle after that journey
and remember it is a holiday too so make the most of that pool and chilling out! Am off to take the washing in off the line as it's starting to lash! Enjoy every second![/QUOTE
Ye it’s great we are all loving it really even thou it lashed down from about 3pm this afternoon just after we got back to the car from universal studios we just came back and chilled at the villa for a few hours and went to the Florida mall to escape the rain ..that’s the excuse I’m sticking to anyway 😉I’d say you are so excited..few weeks will fly in for u..x
Old 17 Jun 19, 05:09 AM  
Link to this Post
roisin
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Day 3
Good sleep had by everyone last night and was after 7 before anyone appeared out of bed .i woke up about 6.30 and decided I’d attempt a run purely because of the Cheetos addiction.id never let myself eat this much crap at home and I’m scared my clothes won’t fit me by the time we go home ..easily sweated off yesterday’s Cheetos ..actually thought I was going to die .id forgotten how hard it is to run in humidity.
Anyway that done with I was showered before the smallies appeared first so got them sorted and once I had them ready dp then made an appearance.
I swear I’m convinced he does it on purpose just to avoid having to help with anything like putting on sunscreen and packing stuff up .
We probably left about 8.15 and headed up to Denny’s for breakfast (obviously I took no photos again ..i think I’m going to just give up on that cos I never think of it til after )Denny’s is normally dps fav when in Florida but this one was just ok .im not sure exact address but will try and check my google map history and update later .
2 smallies had junior build ur own grand slams ,me and dd both had the grand slamwich with hash brown,dp had a Santa Fe skillet and ds had the banana crepe brekkie on the specials sheet .it wasn’t bad food just not as good as we have had at other Denny’s .i wouldn’t get that grand slamwich again cos it was too sweet with the maple syrup on the toast .also dd and I could have shared one as we both only ate half but no matter as dp our ever willing dustbin was to hand .i had coffee and the rest all just had water .
bill was $47.50 or so and I had a 20% off coupon that came off at the till so think I paid $41.good value i think .
plan for today was universal studios for as long as we felt like .to be honest even though I have researched so much I still don’t want to kill ourselves with long days in the parks in heat that the kids just aren’t used to so was playing it by ear .
Got parked and in the parks for 10am just as shrek ride was opening so we walked straight in to that .came out and had a look at the app and fast and furious was a 5 min wait so did that too (can see why there was no line it’s fairly crap but sure I’m set on doing every single thing at least once )had a look at the knight bus and in to Diagon alley and Gringotts ride was a 15 min wait so jumped in that and we all really liked it .smallies then bought their wands in Ollivanders and did a few spells here and there and just had a general nose about .they wanted to try the frozen butter beer so we got two from the hopping pot and shared them ..have to say they were lovely and creamy .sort of caramel /butterscotch taste .i was surprised they were nice as I’ve read mixed reviews but we all liked them .
Now here’s the first mistake of the day as I let ds off in to the sugarplum sweet shop for a “look “ by himself as we sat outside ..this particular ds cant grasp the concept of looking and not buying and appeared back with a chocolate wand and a chocolate frog 🙈🙈30 degrees of heat ? is he pulling the ≈≈≈≈ or what ..wanted to kill him but thought the Americans wouldn’t appreciate any of the words that likely would have come out so told him they all had to eat it just to get rid of it 🙄most of it ended up on his face and no one else was in the mood for chocolate.i have long ago realized that this particular ds will never be a rocket scientist..
Now instead of riding the train over to hogsmeade we decided based on the app wait times to go and do MiB alien attack ,then the simpsons ride ,ET ,race through New York and then rip ride rocket .all of them had no more than a 15 min wait max .it was fairly hot at this stage so we all wanted to head back to the villa for a swim ..got back to car at 2.30 just as the wind picked up and a storm came over so good timing .was happy with this as I thought we got a good bit done this morning.i really think that new hagrids ride is helping the queues to be so low in the studios?
got back to the villa and had the rolls and snacks from the cooler box that we ended up not needing for the parks .obviously another big bag of Cheetos did a disappearing act too 🙈was raining heavy now too so we netflixed for a bit and then headed off to the Florida mall about 5.
Now the usual thing happened here as it always does ..dp left me with the two smallies stuck in m and m shop for well over an hour while he went and had a look in the shops ..the two older ones went off together to do the teenage shop stuff.i seriously always get the raw end of the stick every time .
my two hours in the shops consisted of stopping the two from fighting over what they were buying.dd has a really annoying habit of copying every little thing ds does and he gets so irritated by it ..she was getting a red m and m mug until she saw he was having a green one..so of course she was too.world war broke out so I walked off and pretended they weren’t mine .this always works as they then panic when they can’t see me .long story short we bought the mugs and left the shop and less than 5 minutes later both mugs were broken in the bag as dd dropped it after insisting she wanted to carry it ..tears from both sides and yet again I had to restrain myself from killing then ..finally just went and bought them two more as I couldn’t be dealing with it .
Spotted dp a few minutes later having a nice back massage from the Chinese lads ..wanted to kill him then too .
I bought nothing as I hadn’t anytime to look as was busy with the smallies spending their money .dp got some nice bits in adidas and they had 30% off too..
Left at 8 with intention of going to millers or longhorn for dinner..no chance ! everywhere packed with Father’s Day ..tried a few more places here and there and finally ended up in friendlys on I drive as they had space for us .food was just ok .not half as good as Steak ‘n Shake and sort of grubby place If I’m honest so won’t rush back .kids meals were nice .they all had chicken tenders and Ice cream sundaes .ds had double bacon cheeseburger and a coke .dp had the same with onion rings and I wasn’t hungry after the Cheetos again ..pure raging with myself I’m not doing that again ever ! bill was $65 inc tip that was automatically added at 18%.service was not great at all and food took ages but the staff looked like they really needed the money 😓
So that was it for today ..tomorrow will hopefully involve some vegetables 😊
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Oh Roisin I don't know what's funnier the choc in the heat or the 2 mugs! Kids! And then hubbie having a massage he knows how to look after himself! I think it's time you put your foot down for the next shopping trip. You definitely need some alone time! We love Bob Evans for brekkie. I don't know where you are staying but there are a few around. They are not overly expensive neither. Have a great day today!
Ciano is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
You too! We are flying BA so should be there by now fingers crossed!
We are flying Virgin from Belfast so flight due in at 4.30 local time.
Old 17 Jun 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

Loving your report! I can just imagine the scene in the M&M store and the subsequent smashing incident - it could easily have been us a few years back 🤣
Old 17 Jun 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
roisin
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
Oh Roisin I don't know what's funnier the choc in the heat or the 2 mugs! Kids! And then hubbie having a massage he knows how to look after himself! I think it's time you put your foot down for the next shopping trip. You definitely need some alone time! We love Bob Evans for brekkie. I don't know where you are staying but there are a few around. They are not overly expensive neither. Have a great day today!
Oh good stuff I have that one on my list but haven’t seen one yet but will stick it in the google maps .hard enough to figure out where I’m staying 😂it’s in terra verde resort and the address is Kissimmee but haven’t got my bearings yet properly so everything just goes in the sat nav !
Old 17 Jun 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
roisin
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by JudeB View Post
Loving your report! I can just imagine the scene in the M&M store and the subsequent smashing incident - it could easily have been us a few years back 🤣
Story of my life 🤣they would fight over their nails !