Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 10 Mar 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
coconuts
Earning My Ears

Mobile Annual Pass/14 day tickets

Hi, we’ve just bought into DVC and planning our first trip in 2021. We’re also going August this year (off-site) and I’m wondering what we should do about tickets.

Had originally planned booking 14 day ultimate then upgrading to annual pass (gold?) but wondering if this is the best option?
How do others manage only being able to book 7 days of fast passes?
Thanks.
coconuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

When we upgrade 14 day ticket we usually are staying off site so book 14 days worth of FP+, use the ticket the first day then upgrade to gold pass and keep all the remaining fastpasses. The next trip we book on site using our DVC points for 14 days so can book 14 days worth of fastpasses with out APs.

Edited at 08:14 PM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
coconuts
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
When we upgrade 14 day ticket we usually are staying off site so book 14 days worth of FP+, use the ticket the first day then upgrade to gold pass and keep all the remaining fastpasses. The next trip we book on site using our DVC points for 14 days so can book 14 days worth of fastpasses with out APs.
Thank you!
So I will still get 14 days FP if I book using my DVC points? Does this have to be booked while I’m there?
coconuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

If you have 14 day ultimates when you’re offsite and book fastpasses you can do all 14 days, if you then upgrade to gold pass while there you will keep all your fastpasses. If you then book a dvc stay you will be able to make fastpasses on your gold pass for the same amount of days you are staying on site.
We just got back from a 3 week split stay, including 1 night AKL and 6 nights Beach club, we were able to make fastpasses for 9 days on our gold pass as that’s how many days our reservations covered.
In terms of the other days I was able to book decent fastpasses on the day. I got smugglers run twice. Seven dwarfs mine train was available and everything at Epcot.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR

Edited at 10:28 AM.
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The 7 day FP booking rule if staying offsite with an Annul Pass is a pain!
Plus you can't book the 8th day when you leave the Park on day 1. You have to wait until the Parks have closed for the day and only then can you book the 8th lot of FP's.

Plus you have to watch the renewal date as they can only be renewed 60 days prior to expiration which if your stay like mine falls during the AP renewal date you have problems.

Hence the date of getting your first AP has to be carefully considered. I was fine until the year they gave extra months free and that was great but pushed my renewal date forward sadly.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by coconuts View Post
Hi, we’ve just bought into DVC
Congrats on the purchase! Enjoy the points.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 11 Mar 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by coconuts View Post
Hi, we’ve just bought into DVC and planning our first trip in 2021. We’re also going August this year (off-site) and I’m wondering what we should do about tickets.

Had originally planned booking 14 day ultimate then upgrading to annual pass (gold?) but wondering if this is the best option?
How do others manage only being able to book 7 days of fast passes?
Thanks.
Just a quick question that I forgot to ask earlier, did you buy direct?

Because if you didn't then you won't be able to buy the Gold pass as its one of the perks for those that have bought direct (currently for new buyers that means a minimum of 100 points, different rules apply for those who bought in the past including resale).

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
coconuts
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Just a quick question that I forgot to ask earlier, did you buy direct?

Because if you didn't then you won't be able to buy the Gold pass as its one of the perks for those that have bought direct (currently for new buyers that means a minimum of 100 points, different rules apply for those who bought in the past including resale).
I did! Thanks so much everyone for the advice.