Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 13 Mar 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mousefan
Apprentice Imagineer

Dvc announcement

Just received from member services:

“Dear Members,

By now, you’ve likely learned that, in an abundance of caution and in the best interest of our Members, Guests and Cast, we are temporarily altering numerous operations at Disney destinations in light of the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation.

As you are a deeply valued part of our extended family, I wanted to take this opportunity to share with you directly some details of these plans, along with a few updates pertaining specifically to Disney Vacation Club.

At Walt Disney World Resort, theme parks, water parks, miniature golf courses and the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex will suspend operations beginning March 16 through the end of the month. Walt Disney World Resort hotels, including Disney Vacation Club Resorts, as well as Disney Transportation systems and Disney Springs, will remain open until further notice.
At Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park will close from March 14 through the end of the month. The Hotels of Disneyland Resort, including The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, remain open until March 16, and the Downtown Disney District remains open until further notice.
Disney Cruise Line will suspend all new departures beginning March 14 through the end of the month.
Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai‘i, as well as Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort and Disney’s Vero Beach Resort, remain open at this time.
The Disney Vacation Club Member Services team will continue to serve you during their regular operating hours. As we anticipate high call volume in the weeks ahead, we encourage you to visit disneyvacationclub.com for general information and kindly ask that you contact Member Services only if you need assistance with an existing reservation for a stay this month.

Note that, should you decide to cancel an impacted Disneyland Resort or Walt Disney World Resort stay – by phone or online, vacation points used for that resort reservation will be returned to your current use year, meaning they will not be placed in a holding account or forfeited. Similarly, cancelling an impacted Disney Collection reservation will return those reservation points to you immediately for your future use as reservation points.

Please also note that, in light of current events and as part of our commitment to delivering accurate information, we will not mail the spring Disney Files Magazine and will instead add adjusted content from that issue to the summer edition, scheduled to begin mailing in June.

As you can imagine, we are in close, frequent contact with appropriate officials and health experts, allowing us to continuously monitor this evolving situation and adjust accordingly.

I’ve long believed that challenging times bring out the best in families, and I can’t tell you how grateful I am to have you as part of ours. All of us at Disney Vacation Club thank you for bearing with us through these extraordinary circumstances, and we look forward to normal operations returning as soon as possible.
mousefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

If points are returned to the current use year, do you think they will allow them to be banked into the next year?

I am beginning to think my May reservation is probably toast, so banking those points would be useful to me if this continues
Old 13 Mar 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Just what I was wondering.
Old 13 Mar 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindy15
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Me too. Think we'll have to wait and see
Lindy15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

I have always been pretty useless with points

Presume unless i can get though on the phone, which has been impossible,I will loose this years but what happens to borrowed?

Go next month with June use year.
Old 13 Mar 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mousefan
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve got 650 points tied to our July reservation. Not sure if our travel insurance can even cover this element if we can’t fly out then as it’s linked to a timeshare booking.
mousefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Some of my points for April were banked from last year so if they end up as this years points that'll be great (as long as they are bankable).
My date isn't affected yet but it probably will be.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

The question will be can everyone use all the points they get back? Room availability is in short supply anyway let alone now with everyone chasing a smaller and smaller pot of rooms.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 20, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

I would have thought by placing them back onto this year you could bank them. I certainly hope so 👍
Old 15 Mar 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Mobile

If by August we stil have the same situation with coronavirus will the option to cancel and points back into use year rather than holding.

Surely Disney would offer the same concessions if parks still shut and unable to travel