Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 16 Mar 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Automated Member Services Notice

Called Member Services to cancel my booking and confirm what happens to my points. The automated voice told me that any cancelled bookings would be placed back into the use year that they were taken from. I know this isn't new information but it didn't specify when the reservation was for, e.g that it only applies to reservations that were booked during park closure.

Can anyone confirm that this means as regardless of when you're booked for, your points will be safe and go back to the relevant use year?

Also, for anyone that has done this, did your points show in the correct use year straight away? Member Services say you can cancel online and that this will be automatic but I don't always like to reply on technology.

Thanks!

Edited at 03:28 PM.
act1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

I am still getting my head round points but I went on to chat last night and had it done there.

We had bookings using 135 points and 65 borrowed for next month.

They have been put back to 2020 use year, with the 135 to be used by May 2021.

I did have to ask to have them "unborrowed".
Old 16 Mar 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sara_toga View Post
I am still getting my head round points but I went on to chat last night and had it done there.

We had bookings using 135 points and 65 borrowed for next month.

They have been put back to 2020 use year, with the 135 to be used by May 2021.

I did have to ask to have them "unborrowed".
Thanks for the reply! Can you add a link to the chat facility please? Will save me holding for hours
Old 16 Mar 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Sara_toga I’d be interested in knowing how to get points unborrowed too please. I’m still fairly new to this and am currently unpicking our Easter trip. Managed to cancel the single night stay at Vero Beach yesterday as just outside the usual penalty period but looks like the points used to book it (borrowed from 2020 UY) have landed in current UY which means they’re totally useless to us 😕.
I’ve yet to summon up the energy/time to try and call and sort out the AK stay we’d booked to start on 5/4 😔.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
patpluto
VIP Dibber

Mobile

From what I can understand any cancelled bookings the points will go back into the same use year the only exception being if they are banked points from 2018 they can’t be banked again so will go back into your current use year date.
patpluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the replies. I had to call member services in the end and they have put all of my points, including 2020 points into next year. Really friendly and helpful on the phone so anyone trying to sort their points out shouldn't have any problems!
Old 16 Mar 20, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Mobile

OP that’s great to know, so pleased that they’ve managed to sort things for you when everything is so difficult.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
OP that’s great to know, so pleased that they’ve managed to sort things for you when everything is so difficult.
Thank you, me too!
Old 16 Mar 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

can you re-bank borrowed points though? That's what I need to know. My May Reservation had borrowed points in it.
Old 16 Mar 20, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
can you re-bank borrowed points though? That's what I need to know. My May Reservation had borrowed points in it.
Yep! All done! You’ll be fine.