Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Mar 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

We have had a samsung one for a few years and it works a treat with no real issues. It has the cold water dispenser but is not plumbed in. This does mean you have to pop the container out and fill from the tap. It uses a standard Brita filter.

It look very similar to this one LINK on the boot website
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

We got one last year and honestly it’s amazing. I can now fit enough milk in to last us all week!
I looked at loads including the expensive Samsung ones.
We have a friend that works at AO so got quite a discount (£250 off) a Beko one. So only paid £390 I think for ours.
I know Beko don’t get the best name but ours has been fine so far, 2 year warranty. We didn’t pay loads if it doesn’t last long.

What I did was look at all the shelves and door space and based on what food you buy what you would put where.
I have three big drawers for veg, door space for milk and all the shelves move up and down to different heights.
On our old fridge they only had a few heights they could be set at.
Also a lot with the ice maker etc in them take up a lot of space so be careful with that.
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

We also had the same as jheaton. It was great. The freezer broke after 9 years and 11 months.
We bought a newer version thinking it was very similar but it's not as good on the inside. I miss my under shelf wine rack and the freezer doesn't seem to have the same capacity.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jheaton View Post
I've had a Samsung one for nearly 2 years and I love it

It is the plumbed version and yes the ice maker takes up a lot of space but I love having ice always available-crushed or cubed.No blockages yet

it's very quiet too

Amazing pics thank you! Think fridge p0rn could be whole other thread 😍
This one seems to be well recommended so off to have a look. Also love all your pics on the fridge 🤗
Old 20 Mar 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
We bought one a few months ago, I was thrilled we could fit one in our new kitchen! First off if the stores are still open I'd say go play about with all the different models as this gave us a firm idea of what we wanted- 2 doors (rather than the 4 split) and a preference for handle type. Also keep an eye on the freezer capacity as some arent that big. Hated the ones with drawers at the bottom- I just want to open one door and see everything in there, isnt that the point!

I dont know what your budget is, the samsung ones etc were too pricey for us. We got this kenwood one:

currys/gbuk/househ...89617-pdt.html

No complaints, love it. We have the un plumbed water dispenser model. Dithered about having the ice maker but it takes up too much freezer capacity. I actually dont use the water much but I'm sure I will in summer when I'll appreciate ice water on tap.
We got the one without water dispenser and love it. It's huge and holds loads. We got it in black a few years ago, it was about £150 cheaper than the white model, couldn't believe the price.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
We got one last year and honestly it’s amazing. I can now fit enough milk in to last us all week!
I looked at loads including the expensive Samsung ones.
We have a friend that works at AO so got quite a discount (£250 off) a Beko one. So only paid £390 I think for ours.
I know Beko don’t get the best name but ours has been fine so far, 2 year warranty. We didn’t pay loads if it doesn’t last long.

What I did was look at all the shelves and door space and based on what food you buy what you would put where.
I have three big drawers for veg, door space for milk and all the shelves move up and down to different heights.
On our old fridge they only had a few heights they could be set at.
Also a lot with the ice maker etc in them take up a lot of space so be careful with that.
Ah I’ve seen a few Beko ones I’ll have a better look. I think moveable shelves are a must have. 😊
Old 20 Mar 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kateh134 View Post
We bought a samsung-rs8000-rs68n8320s9 a couple of months ago and are very pleased with it. We've had a Samsung tall larder fridge for years but wanted an American style when we had the kitchen done, so wanted to stick with the same brand. We also wanted non plumbed with doors rather than drawers. It’s got a water dispenser and ice maker which we haven’t used as yet (it can be turned off) but might do in the summer. We had an issue with the noise levels when it was delivered, but had an engineer out who replaced the fan and that resolved the issue.
I’ve seen a few rs8000 good to hear from those who have them, off to look now thank you!
Old 20 Mar 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
We bought one a few months ago, I was thrilled we could fit one in our new kitchen! First off if the stores are still open I'd say go play about with all the different models as this gave us a firm idea of what we wanted- 2 doors (rather than the 4 split) and a preference for handle type. Also keep an eye on the freezer capacity as some arent that big. Hated the ones with drawers at the bottom- I just want to open one door and see everything in there, isnt that the point!

I dont know what your budget is, the samsung ones etc were too pricey for us. We got this kenwood one:

currys/gbuk/househ...89617-pdt.html

No complaints, love it. We have the un plumbed water dispenser model. Dithered about having the ice maker but it takes up too much freezer capacity. I actually dont use the water much but I'm sure I will in summer when I'll appreciate ice water on tap.
Brilliant thank you. Hadn’t considered kenwood but will definitely take a look 😊
Old 20 Mar 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jheaton
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by sunseeker100 View Post
Amazing pics thank you! Also love all your pics on the fridge 🤗
Thanks I didn't have time to remove for the photos too many
1995 OKW/1997 Villa/ Gulf /2000 Villa/Rotunda /2002 Villa/Rotunda/2004 Southern Dunes/ AMI/2006 West Stonebridge/2007 Bradenton/2009 Sandy Ridge/2011Sandy Ridge/ AMI /2012SSR/2012Esprit/2013 SSR/2013 2wks AMI/2014 AMI/2015 OKW/2015 AMI/2016 AMI/ Bonita Springs/2017 2weeks Bellavida/2018 AMI/2019 Bonita Springs and Universal/2022 Gulf Coast Hurricane Ian/2023POFQ

Edited at 10:04 PM.
jheaton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sunseeker100 View Post
Oh for gods sake I didn’t even think about this! People must be panic buying white goods

Not panic buying white goods in general, just cheaper freezers to stash their panic buys from the supermarkets.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List