Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Mar 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Yes I’ve got flour!
Sorted..
Old 22 Mar 20, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Libby29 View Post
I had some friends that used to try and convert us. Tried to tell me to donate 25% of my salary to some religious faith. I’d rather give it to the cat/dog rescue place . 🙄
My mum started going to a church that spoke in tongue and cured people of their medical conditions and even grew their limbs (incredible that people believe this nonsense). My mum mainly went with her friend to keep company, and then I had to give her (my mum) a reality check when they started asking for money to support the church. Fortunately she accepted my opinion and stopped going.

I would also rather give my money to the cats/dogs home. That said if they could increase certain parts of my body by an inch or two I woul give them a fiver
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

The thing is , I had no idea she was religious ( not the it bothers me) but she hid the fact until Over a year.
Then wanted me to help her in her business ( wedding dress shop) on my weekends that I Wasn’t at my own job... and do it for FREE! I stupidly done it for months until the night she came round for a few wines with her hubby.Then It was the hard sell. She took offence and that was the end of that nonsense. Thankfully 🙄😊
Talk about a user. !
Old 22 Mar 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would never give money to anyone, I have children’s charity’s come to the door and tell them I’ve got 3 of my own that I can’t afford leave alone anymore! My Nan was the religious lady of Bristol at her funeral the minister gave a great speech about her starting a fund for building the church car park. He gave a service about building a car park and she gave a fiver at the end and said here build your car park. Word got round and there was lots of cakes sales, fund raising and donations. He gave credit to my Nan which bought a tear to my eye! ☺️
Old 22 Mar 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Libby29 View Post
The thing is , I had no idea she was religious ( not the it bothers me) but she hid the fact until Over a year.
Then wanted me to help her in her business ( wedding dress shop) on my weekends that I Wasn’t at my own job... and do it for FREE! I stupidly done it for months until the night she came round for a few wines with her hubby.Then It was the hard sell. She took offence and that was the end of that nonsense. Thankfully 🙄😊
Talk about a user. !
Omg there are some awful people around. Taking advantage of you, and then going for the kill. Perhaps they thought you were a soft touch being that you worked for them for free.

Sadly many vulnerable and/or lonely people join these cults just to feel wanted/loved. I don't for the life of me understand religions where you are born/indoctrinated into them, but should you dare leave them you are dishoned by everyone in that religion and most importantly dishoned by your family, and in some extreme cases even murdered for leaving the religion!

If a so called supernatural being made us who we are, then why don't they accept people for who they are.

Edited at 11:14 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List