Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jul 09, 06:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by solo View Post
My DD's are 13 & 11 and have totally outgrown Disney the way it is now, we have visited many many times since 2001 and not a lot has really changed... I think the fairy/princesses development is good, but they really need to be concentrating on bringing people back to Disney... they already have the attention of the young girls and they're Mums with the attractions they already offer... what about the rest of us?
My daughters are 18, 15 and 8 and I don't think they, or me and my husband (he's 51!) will EVER outgrow Disney! As soon as we get back from one trip the girls are asking when we're going again! Whatever Disney decide to do we are bound to love it.

Having three girls, the princesses have featured heavily in our trips and this year we queued for over 90 minutes to meet Tinker Bell and friends. And when meeting the Princesses you rarely get to see Snow White ~ we only met her once at a Pirate and Princess party.

I don't think they should get rid of Mickey and Minnie's houses. We always have a look round them and when we go in to Mickey's house I always say ' do you think Goofy and Donald will have finished decorating Mickey's kitchen yet?' ~ they've been doing it for years! Maybe they could just 'redecorate' the houses and make them a bit different rather than do away with them, which would be a shame.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 09, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Originally Posted by lvrpam View Post
My daughters are 18, 15 and 8 and I don't think they, or me and my husband (he's 51!) will EVER outgrow Disney!

Maybe they could just 'redecorate' the houses and make them a bit different rather than do away with them, which would be a shame.
Spot on - totally agree with that!

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 09, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post

I like the sound of this as its something my daughter would love but I can understand everyones views. It does seem like they're completely forgetting about boys and older girls.

I hope theres not a lot of closed rides when we go in November. Fantasyland was the big draw for my 3 year old daughter.
Old 22 Jul 09, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mrscopeman
Imagineer

The issue some have raised is to compare Disney efforts to Harry Potter. The problems is what modern "franchise" can it, Disney, tag into. The reality is Disney rarely gets beyond a II in movies and a lot of those IIs are pretty rubbish (which is probably why they cannot go on).

Of those "franchises" that are at Disney parks, the two most prolific and enduring aren't even Disney and in esssense they are marking money for someone else. And its really done nothing with Pirates of the Carribean, save a spruced up hotel section and updated animatronics on a ride thats showing its age (and has short queues).

Personally I saw the Narnia decision as short-sighted for this reason. Even the greatest of movies series goes through teething problems. There were characters that every age of boy and girl could associate with and the classic story, like Potter, of good vs evil. Very Disney in fact.

The problem they have (outside the mentioned POTC) is that Toy Story is due to end with a 3 and as far as I know the only other 3 will be National Treasure, and who wants both National Treasure and Indiana Jones? I know the latter is tired, but there could be another movie there too and theme park space is precious (as Disney are proving).

As others have also pointed out most of the TV content, that is popular, and "enduring", misses the 11-18 boys (and their Dads).

However it is easy to criticise something which is a Tanker, that takes years to change course, which under previous management was rudderless and formuliac. (and made some pretty crap decisions with the parks and resorts).

Like I said this is a good first step, bring clarity to an area of MK. They'll need to do this to all the parks and all the sections of the parks in time or it will be not just a missed opportunity and this shareholder might sell up...
With Own Brood: '07 POFQ | '08 POFQ | '09 SSR | '10 BCR | '11 AKL | '12 OKW | '13 AoA | '14 OKW | '15 UCR/Texas/ASM
mrscopeman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 09, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
It’s exciting that something new is coming! I know some folk won’t appreciate the princess/fairy angle they are taking, but I guess we have to remember that this is “Fantasyland” we are talking about.
I’m sure Disney will have other stuff planned for the other parks, maybe even other lands in MK.
The Little Mermaid Ride sounds fun though
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 09, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post

I'm excited about it all and if it is true I wonder when it will be started... doubt it will be ready for the Disneymoon I hope to take in August 2011! Fingers crossed though as I love the fairies and princesses in a true girly Disney fashion! xx
Old 22 Jul 09, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post

hmmm, can't see this appealing to my sons
Old 22 Jul 09, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Just to say whether you liked previous Disney mangement or not Mr Eisner did give us Soarin' and Expedition Everest!

If there is one park that needs some serious attention it's the DHS. That Indiana jones show just bores the backside off me. Turn the area into a new ride. A coaster wouldn't go amiss. The Great Movie ride is dreadfully sad these days. So much of it doesn't work properly. I recall sitting for over 20 minutes in the cowboy area when it broke down. The poor CM ran out of his own jokes and was asking for "family friendly" jokes from the guests! It needs a major overhaul and whilst it should still have a reference to the origins of cinema it needs to have more modern and appropriate references - otherwise put something totally new in. I acknowledge the developments from Pixar but let's not forget that this is Disney. There are so many films that have never been tributed as rides or attractions. Look at the Studios at Paris. They have started to put new stuff in.
Bring back the stage shows - I recall Hunchback being superb. OK it could be something else. Atlantis was a film that got totally ignored.
Disney need to get off this Princess bandwagon and realise that there is a male side they aren't catering for. Like I said. What would be wrong with a Jack Sparrow breakfast? You could bring in Hook and Smee for the younger lads. Disney have the distribution rights to Transformers. Do I seethat anywhere reflected in the parks?
Above all get rid of the blasted Soecerer's hat.What purpose does it serve otherthan being a pin trading point? It ruins the vista that was intended as you looked down Hollywood Boulevard.
There are so many possibilities but it seems they are just being overlooked.

Edited at 12:07 PM.
Old 22 Jul 09, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post

I think Eisner had a lot of the right ideas (even if they were nicked from Universal )
Old 22 Jul 09, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Just to say whether you liked previous Disney mangement or not Mr Eisner did give us Soarin' and Expedition Everest!

If there is one park that needs some serious attention it's the DHS. That Indiana jones show just bores the backside off me. Turn the area into a new ride. A coaster wouldn't go amiss. The Great Movie ride is dreadfully sad these days. So much of it doesn't work properly. I recall sitting for over 20 minutes in the cowboy area when it broke down. The poor CM ran out of his own jokes and was asking for "family friendly" jokes from the guests! It needs a major overhaul and whilst it should still have a reference to the origins of cinema it needs to have more modern and appropriate references - otherwise put something totally new in. I acknowledge the developments from Pixar but let's not forget that this is Disney. There are so many films that have never been tributed as rides or attractions. Look at the Studios at Paris. They have started to put new stuff in.
Bring back the stage shows - I recall Hunchback being superb. OK it could be something else. Atlantis was a film that got totally ignored.
Disney need to get off this Princess bandwagon and realise that there is a male side they aren't catering for. Like I said. What would be wrong with a Jack Sparrow breakfast? You could bring in Hook and Smee for the younger lads. Disney have the distribution rights to Transformers. Do I seethat anywhere reflected in the parks?
Above all get rid of the blasted Soecerer's hat.What purpose does it serve otherthan being a pin trading point? It ruins the vista that was intended as you looked down Hollywood Boulevard.
There are so many possibilities but it seems they are just being overlooked.
Don't think Transformers would go ahead, with there being an attraction being built at USH for it.