Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 Dec 17, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mummybear
Proud to wear my Ears

Question Do you have to be there for park opening for jedi training?

Do you have to be at HS for park opening to sign up to jedi training? Is there no chance of signing up later in the morning or in the afternoon? Thanks.
mummybear is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Disdaydream
Excited about Disney

Disdaydream's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
You might be lucky later in the day, but depends on the time of year you are going and how busy the park is.
I'd say be there before 9.30am for the best chance.
If you only have one child you may be lucky and get a slot if another child drops out / doesn't turn up but that would also involve hanging around waiting throughout the day.
Disdaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I honestly don't know (as I said in your other thread, not a SW fan - also no kids ) but you could schedule HS for early on in your trip? You'll more than likely be up super early due to jet lag, so getting to the park before rope drop shouldn't be any problem.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mummybear
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I honestly don't know (as I said in your other thread, not a SW fan - also no kids ) but you could schedule HS for early on in your trip? You'll more than likely be up super early due to jet lag, so getting to the park before rope drop shouldn't be any problem.
Yes I have but I have planned 7 early starts in a row due to character breakfasts, water park day and 2 days in universal plus then jedi training so was wondering which day I could push to a later start
mummybear is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Is the water park day a Disney one? They don't open until 10am (and I think VB is the same) so no need for an early start.

You could move a character breakfast later though? Not sure which ones you have booked but there's no benefit to doing one like Crystal Palace early, as you won't gain early access to MK like you used to. So that could be more like a brunch around 10:30am. I'd say same for Tusker House.

I am very much a start early, finish early kind of person though. So I'd just go with it, and rest as much as possible in the afternoons instead. But as I said, no kids to deal with - just a potentially grumpy DH.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mummybear
Proud to wear my Ears

Yes disney water park so thats good then! We can leave room by 9am to be there for 10am opening.

I've booked BOG for early access to park and Garden grill to get on soarin early.

I'm thinking we won't need a super early start in universal as we are staying one night for FOLP passes so should get everything done with them anyway.

Im an early bird too and my DS but DH and DD not so much! Didn't want to push it and make everyone grumpy and then ruin it.

Thanks so much for your help! So hard to plan it all when you've never done it before!
Old 30 Dec 17, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
POFQfan
slightly serious Dibber

I would say yes. We did this last summer and arrived at 8.45am to find a huge queue. They had actually been letting people into the park from 8.30am to get in line. We made it into a show at 2.00pmish from memory. I wouldn't have wanted to arrive after 9am...
POFQfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

We went in the height of summer and it was a definite early start. We got there for rope drop and headed straight to the sign up. They stopped taking anyone else not long after. You could put your name down as an extra in case someone didn’t turn up but with an enthusiastic Star Wars nut in the family (me) I didn’t want DS to miss out.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Get there o later than 8:30 for a 9a.m. opening. As above, they sometimes let you in early.

Register at the Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost located between the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! and the 50's Prime Time Café.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List