Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Feb 18, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dancingbear View Post
Being a Scot I normally go for a thick layer of lard and irn bru
No need to be in the sun at all with that combination, you'll get the same effect!

OP if what you overheard was actually what the family was using for sunscreen they are possibly the most stupid beings on the planet and of course it's dangerous. I really don't think you need any confirmation of that from forumites, do you? It goes without saying, which is why people have replied in the joking way they have.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

I wonder if that’s what Donald Trump and David Dickinson use.

Edited at 01:39 PM.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Suffolk dad
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Well I ,for one, am very concerned to hear this. It’s also left me wondering what brands of products they are using. With theme park pricing of genuine Coca Cola it could work out an expensive option.
I’m also concerned about the type of product that Suffolk dad is using for his finger painting! I’m am equally as intrigued to see a picture of his masterpiece though.
Thanks for your concern Milpston. As a 43 year old child, I have many many years of experience in the art of finger painting. I started off in my formative years with actual paint (lead free and child friendly), came in squeeze bottles that made a very amusing noise when the paint came out.

At the very young age of 29 I decided to branch out and extend my skill set, and began experimenting with things like tomato purée (very good for textured feathering) pesto (again a good texture medium and Mixes very well with mayonaise to lighten the green colour) and my personal favourite baby food (the smell adds an additional experience for the viewer of these pieces) although the lumps can cause issues when it dries.

I’m currently looking for new inspiration for my work, thinking about dabbling in engine oil, yoghurt and Baileys Irish cream, although it’s a bit of a mission to get the consistency right...

I’ll give you a shout when it’s done, you can come to the gallery opening...
Suffolk dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Some brilliant replies here!
Old 20 Feb 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tavarestina View Post
They were quite serious discussing it. I guess I expected how dangerous. I don't find people setting them selves up for skin cancer amusing.
A PP yesterday stated that anyone who has tan line was not using sun screen correctl
Strange responses but hey ho you live and learn as to. how people think
It’s obviously not sensible but it’s not our concern what other adults (strangers) are using for their sun tan lotion. If they want to burn their choice (if they even did burn, maybe they didn’t).

Personally I’d never cover myself in Coca Cola in the Disney waterparks you’d never get rid of the wasps!
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Frozen
Earning My Ears

Perhaps they realised you were listening in to their conversation so said it to wind you up
Frozen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

I actually waited for the op to post the punchline, fully expecting it to be a joke. How wrong was I? I’m now wondering what responses the op wanted, “How could they think that was okay?”, “Did you tell them it was the wrong thing to do?”, or “That would cause serious sunburn.” If they didn’t say anything to the family, how are we supposed to do from a forum?
I think the people behind the op were trying to wind them up and they should have just laughed it off

Edited at 02:32 AM.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

If it was near to Christmas I would probably go for goose fat and Baileys
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
If it was near to Christmas I would probably go for goose fat and Baileys
Baileys a poor choice, dairy based you might curdle in the heat - go for a nice sherry instead
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Baileys a poor choice, dairy based you might curdle in the heat - go for a nice sherry instead
Thanks for the tip