Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Feb 18, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

We love HS, especially the Citizens of Hollywood, my teenagers thought they were fabulous and we had to stop every time we saw them! It is quite a relaxed day but it makes a nice change to stroll around I find rather than rushing from ride to ride!
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mobile

I love Hollywood Studios- we always find enough to do. We stay onsite so tend to do half days rather than full days. That way we make the most of the tiered fast passes.
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ok peeps... unless things have changed & they well could have All those that are quoting Fantasmic, Star wars fireworks... are forgetting to tell the OP that you can't do both, as they are on at the same time The only reason HS could be a full day, at the minute, is due to the show times. Disney's solution to half the park being closed is to basically do some form of Star Wars thing & hope it draws enough of a crowd!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We love it, kids are both very in to star wars, so definitely suits us. TOT, RNR, TSMM and Fantasmic are all highlights for us. As mentioned above, need 2 separate nights for both shows. Also nice that it’s a lot more compact!
Niki Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hollywood Studios is our favourite park! We love it in the evening especially, it has such a fab atmosphere and ToT all lit up is a amazing sight! We could easily spend all day there. But tend to do 2 half days. ToT, Rock & Rollercoaster, Frozen Sing along, Star Wars character meets, Star Wars fireworks, Star Tours, character news, Toy story mania. That's without any new rides!

We love it!
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Muppetnation_20
Helping Mickey

We went in October / Novemeber last year with our kids and we found it was the park we most enjoyed while we were there. Easy enough to get round and we found plenty enough to do with our kids (even with one who wasn't tall enough for Rock and Roll Coaster). We made sure we were there for a couple of evenings so we could see Fantasmic and the Star Wars fireworks but I don't think you'll have any problem filling in the time.
Muppetnation_20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My wife’s favourite park from our August trip. Partly because of the size (ie you aren’t walking nearly as much as the other parks)

One that hasn’t been mentioned that we enjoyed is the Music of Pixar.

We literally didn’t queue for anything last August. FP for TSMM, ToT and Star Tours. Then plenty of shows and meet and greets that didn’t need FPs

Fantasmic alone was worth the trip to DHS in our opinion

We were there about 7/8 hours and didn’t do Aerosmith, or Beauty and the beast, or the Frozen show or Indiana Jones so you could easily fill a day if you wanted to
Old 22 Feb 18, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
lifes2comp
Excited about Disney

At the moment I think this probably depends on your group/party. HS was always undoubtedly my favourite park before we had kids and ToT is my favourite all time ride (could do all day) whilst I personally would also go here for RnR, ST, IJ etc

But it has definitely lost a lot of atmosphere and is too show oriented, in bad need of new things. Many things are dated, like RnR theming and Muppets etc. But with Toy Story Land, Star Wars and if they update some existing stuff, then it will become buzzing again in a couple of years.

We have a 6 year old and 2 year and been most years since they came along. There is just not enough to do for them and they get bored at the shows and hardly any family rides. By the time you have done Disney Junior, maybe TSM and then shows like Frozen and Little Mermaid, Beauty & The Beast, we really struggled. We found multiple visits were just repeats and half days and this year is the first year in many trips that we are just going to do one day, which I find quite sad.

Even recently we were able to mix it up far more, just with simple things like the Animation studio and I remember my daughter running around the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground for an hour whilst we parents swapped and did Star Tours and it was great fun, but that was before Streets of America etc all closed to make way for new Star Wars land cosntruction. Just feels small and without much for little kids (especially rides or meets).

Doesn't help that my daughter finds TSM too loud either and Fantasmic is not worth a trip back later in day for us. I miss the thrill rides (still best park for) but we naturally spend days in MK now and only one day in HS.

Is a good park for half day and head to a water park depending how you split your days up and what things at HS appeal. Alternatively if a group of adults and thrill rides and star wars appeal, can fill very good afternoon and into evening.

Edited at 04:59 PM.
lifes2comp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post

I'd say a half day park with Fantasmic in the evening. TSM, ToT and RnR are the main draws for me. Not interested in Star Wars or that boring Indiana Jones stunt show. Tim ethat went and was replaced with something more up to date.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Can easily spend a day there. I like to watch the Indy stunt show, Muppets, Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid and those can easily take 3 hours or so if you get there early for the shows. Add in the (few) rides and character meets, have a meal and you're up to a full day without much hassle.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List