Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Feb 17, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Sweet Tomatoes

Does anybody know if the restaurant near Target is still open, saw some press a while ago about the group operation being scaled down and potential closures?
Love going there for lunch on the odd occasion that we fancy something remotely healthy
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Yes, it's still open and still great
angelbabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post

good news, will plan in a visit at Easter
Old 22 Feb 17, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

if you mean the one on the 192 yes its still open
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post

they have shut the one's they wanted to havent they ?

so i guess the one's open were the one's making money
Old 22 Feb 17, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Allaboutdisney
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm embarrassed to admit that we tried to go here once. We walked in the door and being honest had no idea what to do. There were no staff, no till near the entrance, just the long food bar in front of us. I therefore 'bottled it' and went to the steak house over the road instead so how does this place work, do you just go to an empty table and someone comes over? Do you pay at the start or end? I think I was expecting something like Golden Corral where you pay as you go in...
Allaboutdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mjspin
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

You collect plates and trays for your party and help yourself to salad (assuming you want some). At the far end of the salad bar are cups for drinks (which you collect empty) and the till to pay. You then find somewhere to sit and can fill your drinks at the fountains. They serve standard coke products (inc. PowerAde) plus they have hot drinks and usually some amazing fruit teas. Just beyond the drinks are the hot counter and if you aren't having salad you could pay and go straight here I guess. They sell soups, pasta, jacket potatoes and lovely warm bread. I lurve the corn bread! For dessert they have ice cream, fruit and chocolate brownie normally. All this is part of a single fee for the food that you pay at the till upfront.
Hope that helps. Feel free to ask any other questions. Our family love this place and you can get some great discounts through their website.
Mjspin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Allaboutdisney View Post
I'm embarrassed to admit that we tried to go here once. We walked in the door and being honest had no idea what to do. There were no staff, no till near the entrance, just the long food bar in front of us. I therefore 'bottled it' and went to the steak house over the road instead so how does this place work, do you just go to an empty table and someone comes over? Do you pay at the start or end? I think I was expecting something like Golden Corral where you pay as you go in...
we were similar, but did walk in and find someone and asked them, so glad we did

you go in, load up a plate with Salad and go to the till ( down the end of that massive salad bar ) you then choose a drink ( hot or cold ) and pay

then go and find a table, sit down, eat salad, fill up drinks cup, eat more salad, you can then chose what hot food you want, inc very nice soups, then choose dessert

its all very easy, the 2 we went to were very clean, yes they didnt have loads of staff hanging around, but what staff they had were doing a fine job
Old 22 Feb 17, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Wnat a relief that one is still open! We really enjoy it.
Old 22 Feb 17, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I think they closed about 12 in total across the USA and they expect to come out of administration next month with their remaining places in tack and a lot less debt (to quote them)

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List