Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Apr 17, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
You won't know until you ask so i'd say give them a call, they may put your mind at ease anyway about the changed flights

2016 - Orlando - Town Center Villa
2017 - Rotonda West, Gulf Coast
2017 Nov - New York
2018 - Bradenton, Gulf Coast
2023 - Orlando/Gulf Coast
*cath* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
W1zz
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by COL41 View Post
Interesting that someone is Saying BA didn't charge for flight change, wondering if we were only going to be billed as it was into a different airport but they quoted us to change the flights and then the extra cost of the flights. We paid in full when we booked so would that make a difference possibly?
On my return leg, which originally with British Airways was MCO to Heathrow / Gatwick then Manchester. This changed by 20 mins.

I switched this to MCO to Dublin then Manchester flying Aer Lingus (codeshare).

Got a small refund as well which was a nice surprise.

If I go on todays price for my current flight only price (2 adults 3 children 16, 14, 12), the total is showing as £5,141.45

I only paid £5,396.45 in the BA Sale (Sept 16) for the holiday which included 16 nights RPR Club Level

Edited at 01:20 PM.
W1zz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

What you can do and what an agent will do will often depend on what the changes are. A slight time change gives the agent little leeway but a 2 hour change gives them and you more options. You could even cancel and rebook for cheaper flights. If this was something you were considering I would book the new flights then call BA to cancel the old ones. If any problems you have a 24 hour cooling off period in which to cancel the new flights!
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
2017dream
Excited about Disney

Hi Again

Thanks guys for all your replies ...

Just phoned BA and they have changed our flights for us
They said because there was a 10 min time change and the plane had been changed they would change our flight as it was similar times as well ...

We are now on a 330 instead of the 757 so better seat width and has seat back entertainment which the other one didn't so thanks again
2017dream is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

That's excellent news. Are you still flying into same airport and for no charge? Seriously thinking about ringing them again although conscious that even if we do change them for free, four nights in NYC are going to cost us way more than four nights in Miami
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
2017dream
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by COL41 View Post
That's excellent news. Are you still flying into same airport and for no charge? Seriously thinking about ringing them again although conscious that even if we do change them for free, four nights in NYC are going to cost us way more than four nights in Miami
We are leaving MCO at virtually the same time ,just 1 min later
our original flight was
MCO - Chicargo - Man

we have changed it for
MCO - Philadelphia - Man

Might be worth giving them a call , i just said that the seat pitch ans width was smaller on the new plane they had swapped us to and was there anything they could do , then mentioned that there was a similar flight out at roughly the same time (the one we got )..then she went off to see and came back with a yes !

fingers crossed ...
2017dream is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by 2017dream View Post
We are leaving MCO at virtually the same time ,just 1 min later
our original flight was
MCO - Chicargo - Man

we have changed it for
MCO - Philadelphia - Man

Might be worth giving them a call , i just said that the seat pitch ans width was smaller on the new plane they had swapped us to and was there anything they could do , then mentioned that there was a similar flight out at roughly the same time (the one we got )..then she went off to see and came back with a yes !

fingers crossed ...
I'm early glad this was sorted out for you so that you don't end up worrying about it all holiday.

We also found BA really helpful. Like many others we bought a flights and hotels package back in the September sales. There have been few 5 minutes flight changes but it didn't really bother me...then last week our AA flight from NYC to MCO changed to 1hr30 later meaning we wouldn't land until 10.30pm. I looked on the website and there was a flight that left 2 hours earlier than our original flight so thought I would phone and ask if we could swap and they were really helpful and it was swapped without any mention of money or us paying extra...I was really pleased. I'm glad this is not a fluke and that they are prepared to make adjustments.

Have a great holiday

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List