Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Sep 17, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Virgin flight from Glasgow...

Hey there guys I've been stalking flight prices for the last few months as our flight release date will be in a month or so time. However, Virgin haven't released their Sunday flight from Glasgow yet and that's our preferred day so I was just wondering if any of you guys happen to know when they normally release it? I did call them but they couldn't tell me anything so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If they decide to do a Sunday flight it'll be released 11 months out as normal. Ours was for this year.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
If they decide to do a Sunday flight it'll be released 11 months out as normal. Ours was for this year.
Perfect, thank you! I was a tad worried that we maybe wouldn't have the option at release date especially if the Sat flights were a decent price. We ideally want the Sunday and are also hoping to have the option of reward flights so might have to stay strong and not panic book. The fly/drive price for the Saturday isn't too bad at the moment...I can currently get it at around the Ł3600 mark (E outbound, PE return) for 4 of us for the 3 weeks but with the car fully insured for just a week...which is all we need it for. I still feel like that's a wee bit more than I'd like to pay but we really want the direct flight next year...not so keen to go in direct anymore.
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
I wouldn't pay that for 4 of you. Hold off and see what prices are just after release. We got PE both ways miles plus money for this year for Ł840 each.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Yeah that's the plan...you got a great price! I'd be happy with that! Can I just ask...was that flight only?
Old 18 Sep 17, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by -kat- View Post
Yeah that's the plan...you got a great price! I'd be happy with that! Can I just ask...was that flight only?
Yes. We booked car hire with Alamo Brits - Ł365 for a standard SUV for 16 days.

Trip Report Index
Old 18 Sep 17, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Yes. We booked car hire with Alamo Brits - Ł365 for a standard SUV for 16 days.
Awe, yeah that's who we normally book with...always find them to be the cheapest and it's totally hassle free picking up at the Car Care Centre. Actually I only just found out that it's possible to collect/drop off the car with the Virgin fly/drive at the CCC too as they use Alamo