Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Oct 17, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

Orlando October highs and lows

We have just returned from our fourth trip to Orlando, we stayed at the Doubletree @Seaworld for four nights, and Port Orleans French Quarter for 10 nights. We done the Disney parks and Seaworld, discovery cove and Aqautica.
HIGHS...
The Doubletree at Seaworld, lovely hotel, big rooms, comfortable beds, walking distance to Seaworld ( still a trek, but a nice trek)lovely warm pool, breakfast nice but quite pricey. Would stay here again.
Pandora at Animal Kingdom, wow, what a place, Flights of passage was amazing, i luckily had two fast passes, would i have queued 2 hours for it, yes I think i would!
Epcot food and wine, first time trying this, very much enjoyed it, we didnt drink, but tried lots of snacks.
Quick service dinning plan, so much food! Great choice, but we did do research first, had so much left over so changed it to snacks to bring home, normally we only managed 3 meals shared between the four of us.
Seaworld, discovery cove and aqutica, fantastic as normal!
Disney springs, staying at POFQ we had a resort boat that goes to the springs, we ended up going about four times to go for dinner etc, had a lovely feel about it.
La Nouba, mind blowing! If you get a chance to see it before it finishes, do!
POFQ , loved the size if the resort, it hardly ever felt busy, very beautiful.
Resort hopping.. we had a look around a few other hotels during our stay, which really broke up our days in the parks, we visted the Grand Floridian, the Boardwalk, the Beach and Yacht club, the Contemporary and Riverside, my favorite was the Beach and Yacht club..definate hotel goals
Disney transportation ( highs and lows).. overall it was great, all though we always seemed to have just missed a bus!
Four parks in one day! ... we managed it, great day!
LOWS ...
Not many, but our 12 yr old was a bit of a moo for the first few days, we thought she may be, as is completely Orca crazy, and our first days were at Seaworld, so it stresses her out, which it turn, stresses us all out but she sorted herself out by the time we stayed at Disney.
Uber./wifi in walmart... sort of a high and low, had a couple of great rides, until we got to Walmart, and couldnt get any wifi..so had to catch a regular cab, that cost us three times the price!
Disney Crowds.. our first time in october, and i was hoping that i was going to notice thats its quieter, it wasn't! Everywhere we went it was manic, we always got up early and got to the parks for opening, but it didnt seem to make much difference :angry:
Disney busses... mainly good, but once we did have to wait 40 mins for a bus to MK, which was very frustrating, the hotel staff seemed to fob us off, and really wasnt interested.
No magic.. i know you should expect it, but there was no Disney magic for us, the girls didnt get mardi gras beads when we checked it, and no one seemed to go out of their way.
POFQ Pool... was cold! We had a couple of cooler days, and the pool seemed so cold, i wouldnt go in it for our whole stay, but did go swimming in the doubletree pool ( i dont like a cold pool)

Overall thoughts.. this was our first time staying at Disney, and we did have a great holiday, I would stay at Disney again. I did miss universal this time, but really feel that overall we really conquered Disney, and probably wont do Disney again for a few years ( but will be coming back to orlando )
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldlovers
slightly serious Dibber

We regularly stay at the Doubletree.Glad to hear you enjoyed it.we are doing Disney next year.We only did Universal and seaworld parks this trip.
I'm hearing a lot of dibbers giving Disney a negative so not sure if I'm looking forward to it as much as I should.We go September into October each year and was hoping it would not be as busy
Seaworldlovers is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Well done on doing the four parks in a day thing. We’ve often said we ought to have a go at this but we’ve never done it yet. Which order did you do them in?
Old 30 Oct 17, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
Well done on doing the four parks in a day thing. We’ve often said we ought to have a go at this but we’ve never done it yet. Which order did you do them in?
We done Epcot ( opened at 8am), went to MK for 11:30 on monorail, went to BOG for lunch, went to AK at about 2:45 ( just after the parade), rode everest, and had an ice cream, then caught bust to HWS and stayed until it closed, watching fantasmic
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 17, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post

We just came back from 2 weeks - will do a separate post, but thought the crowds were quite reasonable, apart from Epcot!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 17, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Sounds like a fab time. We loved POFQ when we had our first onsite stay, like you our next onsite goal is the Beach Club, we loved the look and feel of it when we went to Beaches & Cream. Your lows don't sound too bad or as if they spoiled the holiday.
Old 30 Oct 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

I think the crowds were bigger this year as alot of people had cancelled from September because of hurricane Irma
Old 30 Oct 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Thank you for sharing xx
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List