Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Dec 17, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Best time to ride Flight of Passage without FP

We're going in February, and at the moment I haven't been able to get a Fastpass for Flight of Passage, though I will keep trying.
Is the best time to ride using standby at rope drop? And if so would an EMH day be any better than a normal day? How bad is the queue likely to be at this time?
We will also have to do a rider switch as we have at least one, possibly two children in our group under the height limit
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Absolutely rope drop, and get there well before it opens. You'll probably still have to wait up to an hour, but at least the bulk of that time is before the park opens so you're not really wasting it as such.

I was watching Charlotte Ruff's latest trip vlog and she did RD on EMH last month. Got to the park around 7:30 (from memory) and was off FoP by 8:20. That seems consistent time wise with other reports from here and also other vloggers/bloggers.

ETA: I would do an EMH day, or a day where regular opening is at 8am - although that's unlikely in Feb. Even though there are a LOT of on-site guests eligible for EMH, many can't/won't be up in time to get over to AK before 8am so it'll be much quieter than even just on-site guests at 9am.

Edited at 07:29 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 17, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

as above nailed on rope drop

in august we arrived about 08:15 & park was open & they let us in as far as the bridge into Pandora, @08:45 they started to walk us round to FOP to Q, which tailed right back to Africa nearly, but it was moving quickly all the time and we had ridden by 09:45...

we also went back one night about 19:00 and waited @45 mins (was posted as 90)which wasnt too bad in the scheme of things...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 17, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Thanks both, sounds like rope drop with an early arrival is the best plan, we can do EMH on our second morning after we arrive so hopefully we should be able to get there in good time. Arriving at 7.30 and being through FOP by 8.20 would be ideal. At the moment on our dates there are no openings before 9 other than EMH.

I assume with Rider Switch we won't be able to ask for it until we reach the actual entrance to the ride rather than when we join the queue, so everyone will have to queue up to then?
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post

There are a batch of fatpasses released on the day around 10.30 (10.37 quite often) so sit yourself down and keep checking the app for fastpasses.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 05:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We were there for just after 9 the other week and already a 3 hour wait.
Why not install the Disney App and then you can have a look at wait times
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I would have said rope drop but I’ve read get in the queue 15 mins before closing, and ignore the posted wait times or what the CMs say as it is inflated to putt off late people. I’ve read this method works a treat and you can be on in 30 mins.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Thanks for all the advice, hopefully we will be able to get on somehow!

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I would have said rope drop but I’ve read get in the queue 15 mins before closing, and ignore the posted wait times or what the CMs say as it is inflated to putt off late people. I’ve read this method works a treat and you can be on in 30 mins.
I've seen this too, but don't think it will work for us unfortunately as we will need to do a rider switch, so this wouldn't leave us time for the second group to ride too.
Old 21 Dec 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We arrived today at 8:40 ish, traffic jam to get through booths

Walked into park , the queue was back as far as Africa, 4 hour wait, we had fp

Cm said next week it will be 8 hours

Edit to add: oh my god, best ride ever, seriously

Edited at 08:14 PM.
BoxOfFrogs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List