Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Dec 17, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

In terms of likeness the Obama bot was appalling and now this.

Were the allegedly "inaccurate" reports about the dispute over the speech news or fake news?!?

We bumped into a nice lady at MK in October, she was a very serious Trump supporter and she claimed she knew for a fact that the stories about the dispute were true.

The speech is also not indicative of Trump, which is also a shame.

Have there been any reports of booing as there were with the Bush bot?

At least the news of the re-opening got me to go check on the Dibb, something I haven't done in months
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Paddcomp
Imagineer

Mobile

Hall of Presidents closed for a year but Trump still President, so forced to include him.
Easter 2014 - Oak Island cove Dibb Villa
Easter 2018 - Lindfields Dibb Villa
Paddcomp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Because until this it had no reopening date at all. Not clear why they couldn't have simply provided an estimated reopening date a little further ahead
That's just the way Disney works. They said it would open late this year (indications were it would be in December) but were vague on the actual date - probably because they were unsure when the work would actually be complete. Also, given the (erm) "interest" that the latest President has generated, I suspect Disney wanted to re-open the attraction without any fanfare so as not to attract the more "radical" guests. Perhaps this is what you meant by "secrecy"?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
At least the news of the re-opening got me to go check on the Dibb, something I haven't done in months
Good to see you back!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Good to see you back!
Thanks Nimbus. much appreciated

I wanted to post back with my findings this year, but haven't found the time.

Disney was busier but still manageable (just), and the other parks were relatively empty with the exception of the special events like HHN.

Once SW opens and with news of new Universal parks it's becoming impossible to see it all in three weeks let alone two, and that's with my regimented 6am to midnight sessions We did 18 days this year.

FoP... had it sussed, rocked up at around 7.30am (for 9am opening), bit of a jog to the entrance... and then... it broke down. Waited a few hours and then gave up. I think it opened around 2pm that day. Still, got to ride it on other days a couple of times at least and without a queue if you don't count the initial 1.5 hours beforehand

Best attraction... The Dapper Dans (and the Cadaver Dans)... I think I'm getting old
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

That's just the way Disney works. They said it would open late this year (indications were it would be in December) but were vague on the actual date - probably because they were unsure when the work would actually be complete. Also, given the (erm) "interest" that the latest President has generated, I suspect Disney wanted to re-open the attraction without any fanfare so as not to attract the more "radical" guests. Perhaps this is what you meant by "secrecy"?
There have been numerous rumours around, encouraged by the lack of information. Until a few days ago the reopening date was being displayed as 31 Dec 2018 not 2017. Not sure why the word secrecy is so confusing.
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
There have been numerous rumours around, encouraged by the lack of information. Until a few days ago the reopening date was being displayed as 31 Dec 2018 not 2017. Not sure why the word secrecy is so confusing.
You made it sound like it was different to any other lengthy refurb that Disney does, that's all. It wasn't.

We knew that the 2018 date was a typo - in it's various HoP blog posts (such as this one in June), Disney had said HoP was re-opening at the end of this year and gave us all the information we needed on the updates. Plus WDWMagic reported it would reopen just before Christmas back in November.

Disney opened Grand Avenue at HS without previously announcing when it was going to open. The last time HoP closed to add Obama we didn't know when it was going to reopen until a few days beforehand. Other than "Summer 2018" we don't know when Toy Story Land will open. Etc.

Would you say all of those was done with "so much secrecy"?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 05:31 PM.
Old 21 Dec 17, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

You made it sound like it was different to any other lengthy refurb that Disney does, that's all. It wasn't.

We knew that the 2018 date was a typo - in it's various HoP blog posts (such as this one in June), Disney had said HoP was re-opening at the end of this year and gave us all the information we needed on the updates. Plus WDWMagic reported it would reopen just before Christmas back in November.

Disney opened Grand Avenue at HS without previously announcing when it was going to open. The last time HoP closed to add Obama we didn't know when it was going to reopen until a few days beforehand. Other than "Summer 2018" we don't know when Toy Story Land will open. Etc.

Would you say all of those was done with "so much secrecy"?
Not everyone reads the Disney blogs, There's at least one thread on here where the reopening date was described as Dec 2018 and the information you describe was not offered up so its a reasonable misunderstanding to have.
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Did they start building before Trump was elected?
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 17, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Did they start building before Trump was elected?

That's got me in stitches!
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List