Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Feb 18, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mummybear
Proud to wear my Ears

Question Fastpass advice please...

Hiya,

I'm looking for some advice/reassurance on my fastpass plans if possible please..?

I have planned to book the "headliner" big rides in whichever park we are doing that day but looking at my plans we now have fastpasses for the same rides on 2/3 days of our trip. I would think we would want to ride them twice but is this the best thing to do and then queue for all the other rides? I don't want to miss out on some of the other rides either.

Or should I look at booking fastpasses for the less popular rides that we definitely want to do on the other days?

I think I've confused myself and I am now doubting my plans. Just after some friendly advice please
mummybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If you are going to the parks more than once I would book different fastpasses, especially in parks like Magic Kingdom where there are so many to choose from.

Dont forget though if you have booked them for as early as possible when you have used your 3rd you can book another one.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mummybear
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks so much for replying!

Would that mean only getting to ride the big rides once though?

Do you know whether FP's are usually on available on the day for the bigger rides?

Thanks
mummybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Personally we tend to do all the bigger rides and queue for the rest. If we don't get on some of the smaller ones, we're not too bothered, but wouldn't be happy queuing for big ones when we know we could have had fastpasses. It's also much easier to get extra fastpasses for the smaller ones after you've used your first 3. There are a few anomalies, Peter Pan being the main one that springs to mind. That always seems to have huge queues, so if you want to ride that without waiting then either do it at role drop or book a fastpass on one of your return visit days

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 18, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mummybear View Post
Thanks so much for replying!

Would that mean only getting to ride the big rides once though?

Do you know whether FP's are usually on available on the day for the bigger rides?

Thanks
It depends on the time of year and the time of day you book your fastpasses for.It does mean that for us as we always go on major school holidays but if you are doing Disney over 14 days you will get much more done. As loves2plan says if you get there early you can get on some before the queues get long.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

We did a mixture of repeats and different rides. In MK we mainly did different ones apart from 7 dwarfs because there are so many different rides to choose from. In HS we had several repeats for RRC and TOT and in AK repeated FOP and EE. For us I thought it was more important to prebook anything that we would be upset not to ride, rather than worrying if it was the FP for the ride with the longest queue.

Our strategy was to do a couple of priority rides at rope drop, then use our FPs with shows/smaller rides in between. I also tried to make sure that the rides we planned to do at rope drop and our fastpasses had us going around the park in a sensible order instead of keep walking back and forwards.

We also had lots of success at getting extra FPs for the smaller rides and even some headliners. The trick is to keep refreshing if you don't see what you want straight away. Last August we changed the park we were going to at the last minute and I managed to get same afternoon FPs for 5 people for Test Track, Mission Space and Spaceship Earth all straight after each other. it took about 20 minutes of trying but for us it was worth it.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List