Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Aug 09, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Originally Posted by MandyJ72 View Post
Been thinking (dangerous I know!) - would they not put up one of those boards that they have that has the current wait times and hook that into a return time type thing maybe (you know, the one that has ALL the rides and the wait times on it)? Wouldn't necessarily do that during the testing phase due to the costs and in case they don't decide to keep the system, but if it was a perm thing then they may implement something like that that shows the wait & current return times for the FPs
Seem to recall some similar boards in EPCOT for the main rides (test track, Soarin etc) located near the fountain in the centre of Futureworld, which gave the current standby waiting times.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 09, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleBen
Earning More Ears

Sounds like a great idea.
At Epcot rather than 2 groups of people running from the entrance (one to Test Track and the other to Soarin) it means there could be 3!

If it saves running from one side of the park tot he other (and only half way!) it gets my vote.
UncleBen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 09, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
I think it's a great idea as long as they can put the times on (which I'm sure could be easily sorted if they decided to go ahead)
My main gripe with Fastpass is I think you should be able to hold 1 fastpass ticket for each ride without having to wait for the hour or to have used up your current one. Other than this I love Fastpass and think Disney have the right idea making it free!
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 09, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Iwill be very curious to see the impact this could have on the walk-on queue. There could be enough of a log-jam at the centralised fast-pass area that you are simply better off going straight to the ride.

Gordon
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 09, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post

I agree it was a shame to march across the park, just to get a fast pass. Especially if it was for three hours later.

It could be a really good idea...
Old 7 Aug 09, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
VickieMH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
Iwill be very curious to see the impact this could have on the walk-on queue. There could be enough of a log-jam at the centralised fast-pass area that you are simply better off going straight to the ride.

Gordon
Yes I agree, if it is a fair system and it works I am all for it but surely it make sense to show people the queue times.. does this mean there will be a different machine for each fast pass, think it will cause confusion for a while but in the long run it will stop the whole rope drop run for each ride
Old 8 Aug 09, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack Daniel's
VIP Dibber

I heard other rumours from a CM that they had or maybe still are thinking of putting fast pass machines in the resorts as another incentive to stay on-site to pick up fast passes for one park only on the day you visit, one for each attraction per ticket,

I'm not sure how they would spread them out though unless they have no times on them,
2013 Aulani / Disneyland Hotel
2010/13/16/17/18/19 DLRP
2009 POR 2008 POR
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
2004 Orlando International Resort Int` Drive
1994 Holiday Inn Int` Drive
1993 Comfort Inn 1992 Continental Plaza
1991 Howard Johnston 1990 Holiday Inn Int` Drive
Jack Daniel's is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 09, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Lesley_Perschky
Imagineer

Lesley_Perschky's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It would be a good idea if AK had a board up with the current wait times for the main rides. Dont normally have to wait too long but we are (hoping) to attempt Expedition Everest this year.

DH John meeting Alice at the Grand Floridian Character Brekfast 2007.
Lesley_Perschky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 09, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Originally Posted by VickieMH View Post
in the long run it will stop the whole rope drop run for each ride
oohhh but the rope drop run is fun!

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 09, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post

It is very spooky because when we were there a couple of weeks ago I actually said to my husband wouldn't it be a good idea to one place to get all the fast passes to save keep walking backwards and forwards across the park. That afternoon we went to AK and there it was! I am sure it was not there when we had been a couple of days before! Wonder if Disney have the rooms bugged?!

It seemed to be working really well although as it was our last day we didn't use it as we were just 'mopping up' all the attractions that we hadn't already done. The queues to get the tickets were not too long and I think that if they can get it so you can see the return time for each ride too then it will be brilliant and let you work out the most efficient way to ride without running all over the park.