Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Apr 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
TryAnything1317
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Moving with BA

Has anyone moved their flights with BA? We have a flydrive booked for May 3rd but obviously cannot phone until 72 hours before.

We have moved the Disney part to September (although very aware that there is still a chance that we wont get to go) but I am wondering whether BA are likely to charge us a fortune in 'difference' to move it?

Any experiences welcome! I sent them a DM on twitter but they told me to DM again if I havent heard about a cancellation in the next week.
TryAnything1317 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by TryAnything1317 View Post
Has anyone moved their flights with BA? We have a flydrive booked for May 3rd but obviously cannot phone until 72 hours before.

We have moved the Disney part to September (although very aware that there is still a chance that we wont get to go) but I am wondering whether BA are likely to charge us a fortune in 'difference' to move it?

Any experiences welcome! I sent them a DM on twitter but they told me to DM again if I havent heard about a cancellation in the next week.
We changed ours on Monday - we didn’t have to pay anything extra and in fact prices of the new flights for December were not even discussed.

Good luck

Dawn
Old 9 Apr 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
TryAnything1317
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bob_and_Dawn View Post
We changed ours on Monday - we didn’t have to pay anything extra and in fact prices of the new flights for December were not even discussed.

Good luck

Dawn
Thank you! Can I ask how close to original your flight date you were when you called them please?
TryAnything1317 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thank you! Can I ask how close to original your flight date you were when you called them please?
We were due to Fly on May 16th and requested a voucher on 26th March from BA which we didn’t receive. They did have all of the details though when we called on April 6th.

Dawn
Old 9 Apr 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

BA have withdrawn the "72 hours before flying" request as far as I am aware - give them a ring and see what happens. If the agent you get says it 72 hours before travel ask them politely to check with a duty manager. Good luck
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
neilopafc
Excited about Disney

Mobile

BA staff have been great when I spoke to them this week I got through in less than 5 minutes and got our flights moved no issues. Originally due to go in may.
neilopafc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparky0309
Proud to wear my Ears

Cancelled flights

Got an email this morning to say our flights gla-Heathrow and back were cancelled but didn’t mention the Heathrow-Miami Miami-Heathrow, called BA, did take around 7 calls and hanging on for 40mins on last call but when I got through and said flights had been cancelled the girl on the end of the phone asked if we wanted to cancel and 5 mins later was done, up to 4 weeks for money refund but avois points I used we’re back in BA account within 10 mins
Sparky0309 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Icey
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sparky0309 View Post
Got an email this morning to say our flights gla-Heathrow and back were cancelled but didn’t mention the Heathrow-Miami Miami-Heathrow, called BA, did take around 7 calls and hanging on for 40mins on last call but when I got through and said flights had been cancelled the girl on the end of the phone asked if we wanted to cancel and 5 mins later was done, up to 4 weeks for money refund but avois points I used we’re back in BA account within 10 mins
When were you due to go?
Every time I check my emails I’m hoping there’s one cancelling my flights
Icey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparky0309
Proud to wear my Ears

Was due to fly 1st May due back on 17th May
Sparky0309 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachie
Apprentice Imagineer

Took me less than 15 minutes to get through to them when I called on Weds at about 4.30pm. All sorted within 15 minutes and I had two bookings to sort.
Very impressed!
Rachie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List