Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 20 Jul 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
DavieBhoy
VIP Dibber

DavieBhoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
A few years back we were in the queue for Soaring at Epcot. Somebody, I'm assuming it was a child had decided that the queue was the place to have a number 2! The parent obviously made no attempt to clean it up and it was a bit scary as we got closer and closer to the offending deposit! And it was hot in the queue that day so you can only imagine!
Anyway, the ride will forever be know from then on as "Soiling"

Edited at 10:04 AM.
DavieBhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Mobile

We were staying at the Wynfield Inn next to the Village Inn on I Drive a few years ago and there was a shooting at the garage next door! It was on the news too!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Nothing too scary, but like several OPs, we wandered off the beater track in the the car once and didn't feel too safe!

Not scary but embarrassing - Many years ago we arrived at our Florida villa and keyed in the code. We opened the door to be met by a line of trainers in the hallway, and other signs of habitation
We quickly backed out!

Before phoning the owner to complain I checked the paperwork. It's a good job I did, somehow I had managed to book the villa rental to begin 3 days after we flew out! We phoned the owner who quickly found us a vacant neighbouring villa, then we moved along the road to the correct one a few days later. No rush to leave on what I thought was check out morning of course!

I was so thankful the family were out.

Edited at 02:13 PM.
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
cyberniv
Staying in the Castle

For some of these posts.
Flea market - Pepper Sprays.
cyberniv is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We were staying at a villa in Davenport about 2 years ago and were woken by the sound of gunshots. Husband was about to run outside to investigate, but I wouldn’t let him. We went upstairs and looked out of still sleeping DS bedroom window to see 7 police cars in the road behind us (this was the road leading to the villa community). We didn’t find out until next morning when we checked with the security guy that there was a domestic disturbance in the development on the other side of the road!

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBB
Apprentice Imagineer

In 2003 we saw an advert on TV for a shop called Big Lots. Thought that looks good lets go there! Well it was in a very iffy neighbourhood, lots of adult entertainment places etc Thinking it will be alright its during the day we carried on. Got to the shop and we were only there 10 mins when hubby said we should leave, lets go. I was a bit peeved as I had found some nice things. We tried to leave and all the doors were locked they wouldn't let us out. Hubby had overheard the sales people talking. They said the store had been held up and the gun man was still inside! So the police want us to keep the doors lock! When the police came it was like something out of a film, no sign of the hold up guy. There was about 5 sheriff cars with shot guns pointing at us. We were made to walk out in single file with our hands up in the air. Then search and told to run. My daughters were only 3 and 10, the 3 year old had one hand up when hold onto mine. Scary stuff. No one else was bothered in the shop and were complaining about not being able to get their stuff. We drove back to the safety of walmart and all sat in silence eating donuts. Never even made the news in Orlando!

Another time my inlaws had a puncture and a car pulled up behind them, a man came over to them, now he looked a bit rough. So they cranked their window open slighty. He offered help and turned out to be the nicest person helped them change the tyre. But they thought they were going to die!
DisneyBB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Just a couple.
We were locked down in a KFC on 192 whilst there was an armed standoff between police and a man with a gun at the Hardee’s opposite.
Also, on an early trip, husband pulling confidently onto the wrong side of the road after turning left off the 192. In his defence it was late after a flight and he did correct it pretty quickly, but it was scary.

We did end up in a slightly dodgy area of Tampa once, but that type of thing doesn’t bother us much.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

we got a taxi from one of the disney parks to go back to our hotel (staying offsite) and the guy ended up driving us to the middle of nowhere seriously have no idea where he went but it was all dirt track and empty land as far as you could see you couldn't help but think the worse. Thankfully we eventually saw signs of civillisation and got back to out hotel nearly an hr later - turned out he didn't know where he was going and got lost as he was new to the area
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We were waiting to turn into Busch Gardens a few years back and a car pulled up next to us and the guy wound down his window, took out a Rambo knife and ran it across his tongue. I nearly pooped myself

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List