Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 19 Jul 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sunnysandra
Very Serious Dibber

Battery park area

This will be our first visit to NY , I have a good price for the Conrad hotel which is close to battery park . Is this area too far from the tourist attractions ?
sunnysandra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’ve stayed in Battery Park at what was then the Ritz Carlton. It’s much quieter but only 5-10 mins from central areas by cab. Very handy for Statue of Liberty
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Much quieter at night and a fair way from most of the touristy areas, bar statue of liberty & one world trade

personally I would be looking at midtown especially for a first visit so nearly everything will be walkable

fwiw will be a lot longer than 5-10 mins to the 'main' areas imo
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d also be looking more at midtown for a first visit. However NYC public transport will take you everywhere.
Old 20 Jul 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

It's a bit dead down there to be honest, but quite easy to get back into the action. I prefer midtown.
Old 20 Jul 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Agree with the above - I suspect you'll feel a bit distant from the main sights and buzz you'll want to experience.

It's an easy subway ride uptown from there (20 -25 minutes), but you won't want to be doing it all the time, which you might end up doing. A cab or Uber would take a similar time, depending on traffic.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post

I too would be looking at midtown. Sort of from the bottom of central park down, almost to level with the empire state area for us. But also stayed upper East side which was lovely. Just check wherever you are looking to book against the subway map to see the connections available. At the top of the general trip planning section there is a sticky that shows where people tend to stay. There may be some who gave stayed in the conrad who can give a view on it.

Edited at 11:38 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We stayed in The Parker last week and it was a great location for a first-time visitor (I wasn't, but my daughter was).

It's a lovely hotel with a fab "secret" burger joint, a great roof-top pool and fab views towards Central Park. Worth checking out, IMO.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d say Battery Park is a bit far down the far end of Manhattan, good for Statue of Liberty and 9/11 memorial but I’d recommend staying a bit further up, we stayed near Times Sq.
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sunnysandra
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you
sunnysandra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List