Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Mar 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

Thank you, Dibbers! Tesco clubcard/hotels.com tips

I just wanted to give a shout out to the Dibb and its members in general for putting me on to using Tesco Clubcard points for hotel stays in Universal. I hadn't given this a thought (as never used my points in this way before) so I took a look. I had enough for a room at HRH for one-night and ended up paying just £48 for the tax. It just goes to show how helpful these forums are. I might even be able to put the money saved towards a visit to DC, which DH previously said we couldn't budget for in this trip! Thanks again everyone.
Old 12 Mar 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mango76
Apprentice Imagineer

I didn't know this either and i'm now looking at a 1 night Disney stay hopefully with my clubcard points.
Jul 2020(Thomas Cook), Jul 2020 (Covid19!)
Oct 2021 - fingers crossed!
Mango76 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Great tip!
MrsCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mango76 View Post
I didn't know this either and i'm now looking at a 1 night Disney stay hopefully with my clubcard points.
Yes, great use of Clubcard points.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Can someone explain how this works and how much is needed
Old 13 Mar 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

secure.tesco/clubcard/bo.../UK-009591.prd

If you have an online Clubcard account you can use this link to exchange your stored points into a voucher for Hotels.com. you get 3x the value, so you can swap £100 in points for a £300 voucher for Hotels.com.

There is a maximum you can convert, I'm pretty sure it's £250 of points, so you would exchange that for a £750 voucher.

Things to be aware of are that you can only use 1 voucher per booking, so convert all you need in one go. Secondly make sure you use the link from the Tesco page to Hotels.com, don't go via a Google search direct to Hotels.com as only selected hotels are available to book with the voucher. Finally the voucher can only pay for the accommodation costs, you cannot use it to pay for the room taxes. When you get to the checkout page it's broken down clearly, so do a dummy run to see how many points you need to convert.

Pretty sure that's it, I haven't actually booked a room using the voucher, this is just what I've read up on. I'm sure if I've missed anything important someone will add to this soon.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve used my vouchers for our airport hotel. I used to use them on train fares but this was withdrawn so now I use them for hotels to save money. Really easy to use.
mrsbenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Thank you
Old 15 Mar 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

This was something I was looking at doing, but I only had a small amount of clubcard vouchers to use, I went through the link and the hotel I was looking at was more expensive than I could get than if I went direct to hotels.com, plus I found a discount code I could use on the direct site to make it even cheaper (unable to use a discount code on the Tesco link I believe).

If you have lots of clubcard vouchers to use then it will work out cheaper, but do a little research for discount codes online and see how much it is without using your vouchers,if you have another use for them.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by f1girly View Post
secure.tesco/clubcard/bo.../UK-009591.prd

If you have an online Clubcard account you can use this link to exchange your stored points into a voucher for Hotels.com. you get 3x the value, so you can swap £100 in points for a £300 voucher for Hotels.com.

There is a maximum you can convert, I'm pretty sure it's £250 of points, so you would exchange that for a £750 voucher.

Things to be aware of are that you can only use 1 voucher per booking, so convert all you need in one go. Secondly make sure you use the link from the Tesco page to Hotels.com, don't go via a Google search direct to Hotels.com as only selected hotels are available to book with the voucher. Finally the voucher can only pay for the accommodation costs, you cannot use it to pay for the room taxes. When you get to the checkout page it's broken down clearly, so do a dummy run to see how many points you need to convert.

Pretty sure that's it, I haven't actually booked a room using the voucher, this is just what I've read up on. I'm sure if I've missed anything important someone will add to this soon.
I think that just about covers it! Definitely do the dummy run booking first to see the cost of the room without tax. As you wrote, the main thing is to use the links provided by Tesco (either on the Clubcard website or on the confirmation email) when it comes to the actual booking. You will know you are on the correct site as there is a Tesco banner on the hotels.com homepage. I read a few negative reviews on the Clubcard site but, honestly, by following the instructions provided I had no problems at all. Now I just have to wait for my holiday!