Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Apr 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaH
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Going over DDP allocation

Hi guys,

Looking to book our family’s ADRs on Monday and if we cannot loose one of our restaurant choices (it’s so hard making decisions for me!) we will go over our TS allocation by 1 credit each. What I would like to know is how do you select in MDE which meal we want to pay OOP for? Thanks

Emma
EmmaH is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Normally the cheapest but you may find you end up cancelling some anyway while you are there for various reasons so I wouldn’t worry too much about it . 6 months is a long way off.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
You don't. You can book as many ADRS you like, it doesn't matter at this stage. You can then decide nearer the time which ones you want to delete/change/pay OOP for. If paying OOP you just let the server know on the day when you are seated how you are choosing to pay. MDE doesn't deduct any credits until you check in and start using them.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

As said, you can book as many adr’s as you wish (providing they don’t clash). If, in six months, you decide all are going to be used then just figure out which is going to be the cheapest and pay oop for that one.

When you check-in for your meal you’re asked if you’re on a dining plan (& you’re asked again by your server), just say no at this stage and then you can pay by cash/card when needed.

At no stage do your credits become allocated to your reservations (except when booking CRT but that’s so you don’t have to pay oop upfront, tech the credits are still not allocated fully) until your meal is over and you opt to pay using them.
Old 13 Apr 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaH
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Thanks all, that’s a massive help.
EmmaH is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Just make sure you know which restaurants require a 24 hour cancellation or you’ll be charged $10 per person for a no show. For what it’s worth I’m yet to actually keep every ADR I’ve made and we’ve been quite a lot... Tired kids have been the most common reason to cancel and second reason is just thinking about eating again and not been able to face it. It’s a lot of food on the dining plan! But just in case do the math and anticipate your cheapest TS meal. That’s the one to pay for.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 02:30 AM  
Link to this Post

dip

we r here at the mo, family of 4 inc.10yr old (classed as adult)& 7 yr old...we obv.had to use 4 credits apiece at the 2 buffets we booked but at the 3 other meals we have used: 2A 2C(skipper canteen); 3x A (50's prime time); 2xA 1xC (teppan edo) ... we were only DDP for 5 days so if u r there for longer i'm sure u could make the other table services last by spreading them out... we certainly couldn't manage a QS plus TS every day, & barely touched our snack credits.P.S. really don't think i would have chosen to pay OOP for any of our meals anyway, cost inc.tip would be horrendous, even our cheapest meal would have cost over £100 OOP & that was just for 2A & 1C without any extras.We ended up with 2 "extra" TS credits which we then used for an evening QS on the day we moved to an apartment.

Edited at 02:40 AM. Reason: addition
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi what's on your list , maybe get some advice on this
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by EmmaH View Post
Hi guys,

Looking to book our family’s ADRs on Monday and if we cannot loose one of our restaurant choices (it’s so hard making decisions for me!) we will go over our TS allocation by 1 credit each. What I would like to know is how do you select in MDE which meal we want to pay OOP for? Thanks

Emma
You don’t need to (and can’t) indicate on MDE which meal you will pay OOP for. You just tell the server. I would recommend you leave it until the last couple of days before paying for anything as your plans might change. On my last two trips I have paid for something on day one convinced it made financial sense to do so and both times ended up with unused credits.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

Don’t forget if you want to cancel a booking and cannot give 24hrs notice try going into the booking and amending it for A few days time. I normally go back into the system the next day and then cancel it, that way you won’t get charged $10pp for not giving sufficient notice
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List