Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 3 Mar 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ohana_mama
Helping Minnie

Mobile

We headed into mk for our first morning as is tradition - unbeknownst to us it was mickeys birthday! We got lovely mickey 90th birthday pins.

My most anticipated meal of the holiday was up next! Brunch at the top - we were treating my parents as they both just retired and thought they would enjoy it. We left with good time but managed to get into difficulties at the monorail which was stood still for must have been upwards of 40minutes. I got speaking to a cast member asking how long it would be as we had reservations and we were starting to worry because we were supposed to be there in 5minutes, being Disney she said not to worry and rang ahead for us to explain we would be late them she kept coming back and updating us about the monorail. Turns out a child had opened a gate onto the monorail somewhere and caused all the hassle.

By the time we were eventually moving I was feeling a bit stressed, I think we all were. We arrived at california grille reception on level 2 and they knew we were late but made us feel so welcome and not to worry. We left our buggy and gathered our belongings and headed up in the lift!

Wow! I literally was holding back the tears as we got out of the lift and headed towards the restaurant it is so beautiful the atmosphere was perfect. All the stress melted away! I think since I took to do with the planning and no one else really knew the dining plans everyone was really impressed.

These guys were just awesome they played moana especially for my daughter they were really interactive and gave us a few smiles whilst we waited a couple of minutes for our table.

Here are our mimosas and non alcoholic option for the gluten free option, later we just got a glass of champagne for the gluten free option 😊 these were flowing flowing flowing and made the meal.

What a view eh?

mickeys birthday cake

sushi

selection of pastries

This was just yum- I can't remember exactly what it was called but it had some sort of alcohol in it and a chef was cooking them out on the floor. You can see them at the bottom of the next picture.

Some buffet pics

This is only a selection of what's available. We were given loads of time to decide what we wanted then once we ordered given even more time to sample the buffet. The server was amazing he couldn't do enough for us and helped to keep the kids entertained and in doing so gave us some good laughs. He explained gluten free options and basically the chef could alter any option to make a gluten free version.

Baby is awake will get back to this later and add the mains.
ohana_mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
brilliant, thank you for sharing What's in the green mimosas, they were blueberry last summer (so purpley)?
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Oh and I’ve added you to the dining report tracker too, hope that’s ok 😀
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Looks good so far. Also interested in the green mimosas, what flavour is it?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
ohana_mama
Helping Minnie

Mobile

They were elderflower and something I think I can't quite remember the other thing.

On to the next meal - Hoop dee doo musical revue! We were a bit worried that this would be a bit naff. It wasn't! Turned out it was just good fun!

Getting there was a bit long and complicated, we were thinking about getting some form of Disney transport but after a rest in the resort decided to drive as we were cutting it fine for time. You have to park at the main car park and get a bus, the first bus was full so we had to wait on the next. We made it just on time and were shown to our seats I'd chosen category 2. For fear of any participation haha.

Dark ale and soft drink. The metal plates and red and white check napkin, which we were all swinging round our heads by the end. (The napkin that is not the metal plates)

bucket of fresh salad and corn bread.
bucket of chicken and bucket of ribs.

The food and drink are plentiful - the servers keep coming round offering you more. I was so full and had only a taste of everything. It was all OK but it's not my kind of food and we were stuffed from california grill brunch I feel I wasn't giving it a fair chance. My husband loved the ribs and the crust of the chicken was delicious.

Dessert strawberry shortcake and gluten free option of cookies and cream. Again it was OK.

The entertainment was really brilliant and we had a really good time, we would definitely return but next time we won't do two all you can eats so close together 😋
I think I read somewhere they may be doing away with the hoop dee doo revue that would be a shame but I'm glad we got to do it.

Onwards to the contempary resort to watch the fireworks we had to wait a while before we got up so had a look around the shops and at their fabulous gingerbread Cinderellas Castle!

Wow! We were absolutely blown away. What a special family experience. A beautiful round off to our first day and both kids managed to stay awake for the fireworks! Bonus!
ohana_mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
ohana_mama
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Tusker house breakfast/brunch.

Started with a glass of jungle juice yummm

I didn't get many buffet pictures but fear not we are back here later in the trip

I asked for a slither of ham at the carving station - The cast member gave me this...

Ha gave me a good laugh.

Some terribly blurry photos of buffet food. There was a good selection of gluten free options on the buffet, the chef was brilliant and couldn't have been more helpful he walked around the GF member of our party and then brought GF waffles and plate of desserts as above!

Character interaction was great - they really took time over my girls. A brilliant way to spend time eating instead of queuing to see characters. Two birds with the one stone.
The only thing I can fault is the restaurant is quite dark but I guess that is the style and feel they are going for of an African Market. (Although I've been to Africa they have light there too) :-)

We hit a couple of spots in AK and had a lovely snack on our way out. Mickey ice creams all round!
ohhhh melty... Fell of the stick by the time we got to the car park! (Had to promise there would be many more mickey Ice creams)
Old 27 Apr 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Really enjoying this... thanks for taking the time 😃😃
Old 27 Apr 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
ohana_mama
Helping Minnie

Holywood and Vine for Minnie's seasonal dine. Early dinner fantasmic package.

I just didn't like this restaurant at all. I didn't like they layout and thought the selection of food on offer was limited.
Our server was not very attentive and it felt like we were just plonked on our table and forgot about. The restaurant was busy and it's so open plan you can see everyone and they can see you. Just not my cup of tea. We were sat beside a walkway close to the food which was good for our convenience but it did mean a lot of footfall past our table which I'm not a fan off.

Started off with a long island ice tea, was really strong, and a beer.

Buffet food pictures as you can see some of the trays are almost empty. The food repeats and I just felt as I said there was not much on offer.

These were our plates of food

I'm sure there were more - or maybe not as it just didn't seem very appetising.

I didn't take a picture of the dessert bit, but here is what we had
more green balls lime flavour this time. This was a take on the key lime pie.

So not very impressed with this one, yes it was good to see the characters in their Christmas gear and get a nice family photo with santa goofy. We also used this as part of the fantastic dining package so in that respect it was worth it. Would we return again - probably not by choice.

nice view when we came out

We had a good view for fantasmic and got some drinks and snacks the lighting wasn't good so no photos. Here is a picture of the menu I took so I could decide what I wanted in the queue. Was difficult to carry everything back myself through crowds of people and through the roped off area for dining packages

Edited at 10:13 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 27 Apr 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
yay, thanks for updating - I think that buffet looks alright, not sure about the key lime ball pit though, bit odd