Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 May 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
$200 giftcard as part of hotel, tix, ddp package

Hi all

I havent stayed onsite and had the free giftcard as part of my package for 3 years

I had a couple of questions as we have it as part of this years hols:

- do we still have to collect it from world of disney in disney springs?
- can it still be used at the character warehouse shops in premium outlets?

I did a quick forum search but couldn't find any recent posts and I know disney loves to switch things up to confuse me

thanks

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Where you collect it depends on who you've booked with. If it's direct with Disney, then yes, it's still collected at Disney Springs. You can use it at the Character Warehouse at the outlets too. You can even use your magic band there to charge to your room!

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Mobile

I can’t believe that they still have the gift card collection. Wouldn’t it be so much easier to add it as a room credit to save you having to physically collect it? It seems a bit archaic given how a lot of payments work these days.

If it was added as a room credit, you’d be able to easily check the balance as well!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
I can’t believe that they still have the gift card collection. Wouldn’t it be so much easier to add it as a room credit to save you having to physically collect it? It seems a bit archaic given how a lot of payments work these days.

If it was added as a room credit, you’d be able to easily check the balance as well!
Yes, but then you're not walking through World if Disney being tempted by things to buy!

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post

I agree with you, it is annoying and Disney Springs isn't a place I choose to go to as I don't like it. Disney do it this way because they want people to spend money at Disney Springs. It doesn't work for me! When I went to pick mine up last year I was told there was a 20 minute wait so I went outside, read my book for 20 minutes, went back in, picked up my gift card then caught the bus back to the hotel!

Edited at 04:03 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Andy1979
Earning More Ears

I cant remember if we got the $200 gift card or not when we booked it's not on the invoice.

But two years ago when we went to CBR they compensated us because of the recently started building work to the tune of $1000 they gave us the gift card at check in so they obviously have the facility to do it.
Andy1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andy1979 View Post
I cant remember if we got the $200 gift card or not when we booked it's not on the invoice.

But two years ago when we went to CBR they compensated us because of the recently started building work to the tune of $1000 they gave us the gift card at check in so they obviously have the facility to do it.
That was compensation for the building works though which is different to the offer gift card. Yes they can do it but as I said, Disney want people to spend money at Disney Springs hence the offer gift card being picked up at World of Disney. I find it a pain and it feels like I'm wasting a couple of hours of my holiday having to hoike over there but $200 is $200!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
thanks guys we have previously and will most likely this year go to disney springs for our first evening for food anyways so dont mind picking it up and glad itcan still be used at character warehouse too

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Andy1979
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
That was compensation for the building works though which is different to the offer gift card. Yes they can do it but as I said, Disney want people to spend money at Disney Springs hence the offer gift card being picked up at World of Disney. I find it a pain and it feels like I'm wasting a couple of hours of my holiday having to hoike over there but $200 is $200!
Yeah I’m not a fan of Disney Springs to be honest so if I have got the gift card it’ll be a waste of holiday time to go down there and collect it but as you say $200 is $200
Andy1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List