Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Jul 19, 06:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Personally, i would gladly trade a balcony (often used minimally) and a dedicated pool (pools are available after a short stroll), for the quality of this Disney offering.

Disney332
Very true words. My Wife always fusses about getting a nice view and a good size balcony. Then spends about 15 mins in total the whole holiday sat out there.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Quensabob View Post
Arn't deluxe resorts supposed to have balconies though!
Not as standard they don’t, no.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Very true words. My Wife always fusses about getting a nice view and a good size balcony. Then spends about 15 mins in total the whole holiday sat out there.
Exactly what we did at the Beach Club with 14 day full size balcony and Boardwalk/Lake together with TOT view including HS Fireworks every night.

Disney332
Old 10 Jul 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It does look very good and, if I'd seen what the Gran Destino looked like a month ago, I might have considered it instead of booking POFQ.

Although, with all those extra rooms, isn't it going to make the whole of CSR a bit busy?

Personally, i would gladly trade a balcony (often used minimally) and a dedicated pool (pools are available after a short stroll), for the quality of this Disney offering.
Yes, but would you if it was priced the same as a deluxe resort?

I thought that was the point - about Disney maybe changing the category of this tower to a deluxe, which comes with a higher price.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
It does look very good and, if I'd seen what the Gran Destino looked like a month ago, I might have considered it instead of booking POFQ.

Although, with all those extra rooms, isn't it going to make the whole of CSR a bit busy?

I thought that was the point - about Disney maybe changing the category of this tower to a deluxe, which comes with a higher price.
The pricing is all down to attracting conventions imho. Like Vegas, they might hope to make it up in the bar where big monies are spent on corporate ccards.

I would hope Disney would raise the bar when looking at the increased numbers who want transportation. Time will tell,...Disney are aware of guests waiting via magic band and gps tech.

Disney332

Edited at 12:02 PM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

There isn’t as many extra rooms as there is in the Grand Destino as they demolished one block of rooms to build it.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
The pricing is all down to attracting conventions imho. Like Vegas, they might hope to make it up in the bar where big monies are spent on corporate ccards.
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand?

The question was along the lines of: if Disney changed Gran Destino to a deluxe resort - which, in turn, would lead to a large increase in the price to stay there - would you still decide to stay there given that the rooms don't have a balcony, no dedicated pool (you'll be sharing with the moderate resort crowd), and no quick access to a nearby park?

Time will tell,...Disney are aware of guests waiting via magic band and gps tech.
I'm not sure they are aware guests are waiting - or, if they are, they may not do anything about it. You may not have meant this, but the Magicbands don't have GPS tech in them. Perhaps you meant in the buses? Also, knowing that there are people waiting at the bus stop doesn't tell you which bus they are waiting for.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand?

The question was along the lines of: if Disney changed Gran Destino to a deluxe resort - which, in turn, would lead to a large increase in the price to stay there - would you still decide to stay there given that the rooms don't have a balcony, no dedicated pool (you'll be sharing with the moderate resort crowd), and no quick access to a nearby park?

I'm not sure they are aware guests are waiting - or, if they are, they may not do anything about it. You may not have meant this, but the Magicbands don't have GPS tech in them. Perhaps you meant in the buses? Also, knowing that there are people waiting at the bus stop doesn't tell you which bus they are waiting for.
1 Yes I would. Views to die for

2 my understanding was Magic Bands had GPS in them, for instance, your meal at BOG finds you? I believe there is dedicated bus stops at this resort now?

Buses are something that I choose not to stress over anyway. What is great today could be awful tomorrow. Bit like MCO immigration.

Disney332
Old 10 Jul 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
There isn’t as many extra rooms as there is in the Grand Destino as they demolished one block of rooms to build it.
Ah, ok. I think.

Given the size of Gran Destino tower, I thought there were a lot more new rooms than there were in the old block.

This website says: "The 16-floor Gran Destino Tower adds 545 rooms to the Coronado Springs, bringing the resort to a total of 2,385 guest rooms". There used to be 1,921 guest rooms, I think. So, taking into account the rooms that were demolished, there's now an additional 464 rooms compared to before. That's about a 25% increase.

Hopefully, Disney will have taken into account the increased numbers of guests at the resort.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 10 Jul 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

We are booked into CSR for our week at the very beginning of August. We have been allocated a water view room which as far as I understand it isn't in the tower.

I can't wait! It's the first time I've stayed on site (for pleasure) and the resort looks stunning.

On our "to-do" list is a drink or 3 at the bar on the top floor looking out over WDW. The views are amazing.

Bring it on!