Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 10 Jul 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

What injections have you had for Vietnam?

Do they have mosquitos all year round?
stockport1965 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by stockport1965 View Post
What injections have you had for Vietnam?

Do they have mosquitos all year round?
I visited our GP’s travel clinic a few months ago and they advised us to have the diphtheria and tetanus boosters as we hadn’t had them for a while. They said we wouldn’t need anything else as we were staying in 4-5* hotels and not going to any of the riskier areas in Vietnam, they had a map to show where these areas were and it was more inland central Vietnam. Again the areas we are visiting was not in the area to need to take anti-malaria tablets.

We have bought the high strength Jungle formula Deet spray, plus I am buying lemon flavoured shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. We are taking anti bug plug in for the room and I have just ordered Avon Skin So Soft body spray blue (on offer £3.50 plus buy 3 and get free delivery worth £3.50), which is recommended to repel mosquitoes (as I do tend to be attractive to them 😂 ) so hopefully I have it all covered 😀

By the way we watched the first part of the Canal Journey last night and loved it, Hoi An looks incredible. We loved Prunella Scales and Timothy West too, they brought a tear to my eye. We are going to watch the second part tonight, thanks for the recommendation 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We have bought the high strength Jungle formula Deet spray, plus I am buying lemon flavoured shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. We are taking anti bug plug in for the room and I have just ordered Avon Skin So Soft body spray blue (on offer £3.50 plus buy 3 and get free delivery worth £3.50), which is recommended to repel mosquitoes (as I do tend to be attractive to them 😂 ) so hopefully I have it all covered 😀

By the way we watched the first part of the Canal Journey last night and loved it, Hoi An looks incredible. We loved Prunella Scales and Timothy West too, they brought a tear to my eye. We are going to watch the second part tonight, thanks for the recommendation 😀
Which plug in did you buy, there are so many!

hear good things about Avon so soft but think will also take Deet spray.
stockport1965 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by stockport1965 View Post
Which plug in did you buy, there are so many!

hear good things about Avon so soft but think will also take Deet spray.
I heard that different hotels use different plugs! So we have 2 US adaptors and 2 European adaptors packed. Just the cheap small ones to charge our phones each night and the camera occasionally.

Our DD usually takes her good compact camera around her neck everywhere we travel but we have heard this isn’t wise, especially in HCM so she is taking her camera but won’t use it every day, just take it where we feel it’s safest (which is a bit disappointing for her as she is a keen photographer, but although it’s insured, we feel it would be stressful to keep safe and upsetting to get it snatched) I think it will be taken more in Hoi An and My Son than HCM.
We both have iPhones which take very nice photos and should be easier to keep safe so we will use those instead
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Just a quick update, our second day here and getting over the jet lag. Really enjoyed the experience so far, such a different place to our usual holidays but a very good different. The people here are so friendly and genuine and we just ate an amazing meal with excellent service for five of us for around £25, food quality would be 5* in the UK.

Plus we are really enjoying spending time with our son, his gf and his wonderful friends here.

Thanks again everyone for the tips and reassuring me over our trip. I can confidently now cross a road in Ho Chi Minh 😂
Old 23 Jul 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks again everyone for the tips and reassuring me over our trip. I can confidently now cross a road in Ho Chi Minh 😂
Note to self, must watch some videos how to do this
Old 23 Jul 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Great news that you are enjoying it and managing to cross the roads.
Keep us up to date with your adventures 👍
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Just wanted to share a few photos to show how much we are enjoying our trip 😀

Old 26 Jul 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

I can confidently now cross a road in Ho Chi Minh 😂
That’s no mean achievement!.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Looks great...sometimes it works out fine to leave our comfort zone!