Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jul 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

We had a cleaner for years, and found out she was doing other people’s washing while here, using our machine, detergent etc! If you are paying her by the hour, then she needs to do some additional cleaning to fill the time surely?

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

I used to have a paper round and I would be paid per hour and they said it should take me 3 hours.

However, cause I worked my bits off, I used to get it done in 1hr 20, but I was still paid for the 3 hours.

Good on the cleaner for working hard and trying to get things done quicker and probably then getting to the next job.
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

I think as long as she’s doing everything to the same standard I would let it go. It sounds like you are happy with her work and also the washing and ironing she does (although paid for in addition) it is convenient for you.

It doesn’t sound like you’d want to go through process of finding another cleaner and you have that trust with her. Maybe some days she has appointments to fit in etc so works at a faster pace to get done quicker.

I would think of it as £20 per clean rather than £10 per hour and not say anything unless things start slipping. X.
Old 17 Jul 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’ve been in a similar situation and originally was pleased with the cleaning so decided not to say anything. I just thought as long as the house was done then I was happy. But it continued and was always niggling in my mind. I mentioned it and simply said that I had known that they finished early and was pleased with their work but said there would always be jobs that could fill the extra time. They were a bit embarrassed but it was sorted
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

its a tough one because you are paying for experience and efficiency too.

In my view, as you are only paying £10 per hour or £20 for the job to be completed, i would take the view point that as long as the job is done to the expected standard, it does not matter how much time the cleaner has spent on time to get the job done.

If however, you was paying £30 per hour, / £60 per job and feel that the job which was completed was only worth £40, then you would need to speak up.

I think due to the low cost, i would just leave it for the moment on the basis you are happy for the quality of the work for the price and everything is meeting your expectations.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thinking it over, as you are generally happy with her and want her to stay why try to compromise. Why not say something each week like “if you have finished the usual weekly clean in time could you please do windows/clean under beds/top fo wardrobes/inside fridge etc” Give her extra tasks to do each week to fill the surplus time and see how it goes
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post

For forty pounds a week you're having your house cleaned to a decent standard and your washing is done and brought back ironed. Seems to me you have a keeper there.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I am another who thinks you have a pretty good deal. I have heard lots of bad reports of cleaners and you seem to have a hard worker. Do you know exactly how long it takes her to do the washing and ironing if she takes it home with her ? Maybe it is taking longer than 2 hours and she is trying to make a bit of time up or maybe she is just good at her job and gets on with it. I would just see it as £20 a clean which is really quite cheap.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Thinking it over, as you are generally happy with her and want her to stay why try to compromise. Why not say something each week like “if you have finished the usual weekly clean in time could you please do windows/clean under beds/top fo wardrobes/inside fridge etc” Give her extra tasks to do each week to fill the surplus time and see how it goes
I agree with this approach, when we had a cleaner for 3 hours she always used to leave notes asking us if we needed anything else doing.
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

She does a great job and is trustworthy so I would be satisfied with that. She knows you have a camera so must realise you could check her timings. Maybe she has your cleaning down to a fine art so is quicker than she used to be and perhaps because it's such a great rate she doesn't feel guilty leaving 'early'.

I personally wouldn't want to rock the boat if I trusted her and liked what she did. You could ask her to do extra as someone else suggested but I wouldn't be surprised if she increased her fees soon.
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List