Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jul 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you for sharing Astrid 💖

Have you thought about dating again?
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa-72 View Post
I’m the same I have my DH that’s it.
My children from my first marriage live with their dad and I have no contact with them, not my choice.
I don’t even have any siblings either.
A room full of people yet I still feel so alone.
This has made me feel really sad 😞 I hope you can rebuild a relationship with your children at some point.

OP - most of my friendships are maintained by FB. Some I have known most of my life and still live within 10 miles, but we still don’t get around to actually meeting up irl these days. As Daytonababe says, social media has had an impact. It’s a shame, but life seems to be that way now?
I actually enjoy my own company, so not really bothered about meeting up regularly for coffee etc, I’m quite happy to do that by myself if I’m honest. But, it is nice to meet up with friends every now and then, it’s just getting the time to suit everyone 🤷
I have found that having a dog opens doors to local friendships. I often end up walking ours with someone in the area and having a good chat - they’re all a friendly bunch around here 🙂
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I have read every post on this tread and it really makes me count my blessings but I have had periods in my life when life wasn't so rosey. A couple of years ago there was a very similar post to this one and it was just as long, again I followed it for quite a while before I found out the OP was living in the same remote village as me and even though I have a very busy life etc I reached out to her and asked if she wanted to meet up for coffee in a nearby garden centre, I got a very positive response so re-arranged my schedule and we set a mutually convenient date, I sat there on my own like a lemon, she never showed and never sent an apology.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Minnie18 so many many people it seems are in the same position?!
I hope this makes you feel less alone, and that it's not really an unusual situation to be in, if that helps at all I don't know...

My situation is similar in that we have moved around the UK so many times due to my husband's career and whilst our children were small that I've never really had chance over the years to put down roots or create long-standing friendships.
And now this most recent move for us to central Scotland has meant it's worse for me as our children were all older so I didn't even get the 'meeting new mums in the playground' scenario! And I developed an issue that has affected my mobility so that has had a knock on effect too!

Sure, I keep in touch with many good friends from the past on fb, although I'm grateful for these friendships, it's not the same...

Moved away from both my hubby and I's families too, who aren't and weren't very close in any case so no strong friendships there either.

But, I love our family unit here, all our kids are still at home and I've started doing a little bit of work at my hubby's place I have met new friends but it's still quite hard as they are all so very close as have worked together practically forever.

I'm in central Scotland would be happy to chat with anyone, but anyone nearby with a view to having a meet up eventually would be a really nice idea!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

I’d meet up with you any time Ellen! Shame you live so far away.
See, for me this is a problem. I have quite a few friends on FB (some from here) who I think I’d get on with really well irl - but they all live so far away!
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
I have read every post on this tread and it really makes me count my blessings but I have had periods in my life when life wasn't so rosey. A couple of years ago there was a very similar post to this one and it was just as long, again I followed it for quite a while before I found out the OP was living in the same remote village as me and even though I have a very busy life etc I reached out to her and asked if she wanted to meet up for coffee in a nearby garden centre, I got a very positive response so re-arranged my schedule and we set a mutually convenient date, I sat there on my own like a lemon, she never showed and never sent an apology.
That’s such a shame. Maybe nerves? But still, should have cancelled or at least have apologised 🙁
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Old 18 Jul 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Words fail me 😱
Old 18 Jul 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
I’d meet up with you any time Ellen! Shame you live so far away.
See, for me this is a problem. I have quite a few friends on FB (some from here) who I think I’d get on with really well irl - but they all live so far away!
Oh me too Lisa! xx
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Minnie18 so many many people it seems are in the same position?!
I hope this makes you feel less alone, and that it's not really an unusual situation to be in, if that helps at all I don't know...

My situation is similar in that we have moved around the UK so many times due to my husband's career and whilst our children were small that I've never really had chance over the years to put down roots or create long-standing friendships.
And now this most recent move for us to central Scotland has meant it's worse for me as our children were all older so I didn't even get the 'meeting new mums in the playground' scenario! And I developed an issue that has affected my mobility so that has had a knock on effect too!

Sure, I keep in touch with many good friends from the past on fb, although I'm grateful for these friendships, it's not the same...

Moved away from both my hubby and I's families too, who aren't and weren't very close in any case so no strong friendships there either.

But, I love our family unit here, all our kids are still at home and I've started doing a little bit of work at my hubby's place I have met new friends but it's still quite hard as they are all so very close as have worked together practically forever.

I'm in central Scotland would be happy to chat with anyone, but anyone nearby with a view to having a meet up eventually would be a really nice idea!

Thank you for your kind words they really did bring me comfort. And thank you for sharing.
Old 18 Jul 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Is she still on here? And thank goodness you were in a good place at that time, it could have been the last straw for some!
Well done for trying! X

Edited at 11:33 AM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List