Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jul 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rik666 View Post
Could be worse, u could be visiting London, with the racist Sadiq khan, who thinks all is rosy in 'his' city.
When I was in new York last year, some Carolina fellas I was talking to were worried about mentioning their support of Trump.
Maybe everyone would be happier if Clinton was president and we could start wars across the world again.
You believe Trump won't start wars ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Oh for a sensible middle ground unifying candidate/party !
Old 20 Jul 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Redneck is a sub species ... white , any age , any sex ... it's a mind set so I have no idea what you are talking about .
Subspecies? I'm pretty sure the term 'redneck' can't be classed as a scientific subspecies.
angelbabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
Oh for a sensible middle ground unifying candidate/party !
I'd settle for one who believes politicians serve rather than self serve ! I had hopes of Ed Balls at one time but he got out of Dodge.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rik666 View Post
Could be worse, u could be visiting London, with the racist Sadiq khan, who thinks all is rosy in 'his' city.
When I was in new York last year, some Carolina fellas I was talking to were worried about mentioning their support of Trump.
Maybe everyone would be happier if Clinton was president and we could start wars across the world again.
Clinton starting wars. I think you're mixing up your US presidents.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loftus View Post
Clinton starting wars. I think you're mixing up your US presidents.
Maybe they meant if Hilary had got in rather than Bill was a war starter ? In all honesty I don't think we've been more at risk of war under Trump than at any time since the 9/11 personally though.
Old 20 Jul 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
At the end of the day, if you don’t feel comfortable then don’t go. There’s no right or wrong, just go along with your own thoughts/feelings.
Same goes for any destination worldwide.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Only you can make that decision. In all probability you will not encounter anything that will cause you to feel uncomfortable.
Its a different kettle of fish when one is living there, or elsewhere for that matter on a micro day to day level and all that encompasses.
Its been interesting observing this thread. My husband has had yells of ' F off back to your country now ' ( after that 2016 thing we shall not name ) ..my eldest son was more hesitant at going out etc
All those what can seem minor things over time compound to fear and anger and feeling anxiety.
Yet we know that the disgusting things we have had yelled at us , said to us in 'jest ' etc are not indicative of the UK at all. Yet on a day to day living level it caused us immense upset.

I would not change my plans to go on holiday OP. I hope this made sense
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lorimac
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Interesting responses guys. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Old 20 Jul 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
flipflop75
Gone all Goofy

[QUOTE=JohnD;13965604]Bigot IS an insult when it's applied to people without their having demonstrated their belief in it. Just like the over-used word 'racism', it's become a tool used by the left to suppress and isolate anyone who does not share their views.

Bang on the money, too easy to put a label on someone you may disagree with and let the stigma of that label stop any debate.
There is good and bad on both sides of the coin and both sides are equally capable of playing dirty,no ones political or personal views or beliefs should lead to them being called derogatory names.I am free to decry religion as something that is make believe but i certainly wouldn't use insults to those that do believe in it.In the same vein many religious people are against homosexuality as is their right if that is what they believe as long as those beliefs don't spill over to anything nefarious.
2017 Kissimmee-St Augustine-Miami-Key West-Naples-Disney POR
2018 Kissimmee
flipflop75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread