Link to this Post
lumosq102
Excited about Disney

Tuck your elbows in - day 14 - Festival of Happily Ever After

Day 14 – Festival of Happily Ever After
Wednesday 4 October

Day 13 is here
Index is here

On our original plan for the day the morning was left free with a little question mark, next to which it says Typhoon Lagoon? Animal Kingdom?

You know what we did?

We slept in until gone 8am and then went to the pool. By golly did we need that sleep! It had been a fantastic couple of weeks, but we were feeling the pace we had been keeping and just needed to slow down for a little while.

Sitting around doesn’t last long for us though, we were soon throwing on our swimsuits and heading down to the pool, getting to the main Grand Floridian pool a little after 9am. They run water aerobics classes at the pool, should you wish to join in. That morning no one was participating and the woman running the classes was looking at us with such hope that I felt bad that we had absolutely no interest in joining the class. We swam in a blissfully quiet pool for a while, but the pool had not yet had a chance to warm up in the sun and it was freezing, so we decamped to hot tub where we spent a delicious 20 minutes letting our tired muscles relax in the hot bubbly water. Lovely.

We headed back to the room and whilst I was waiting for R to be done in the shower I was on the balcony taking photos of that gorgeous view:

We hung out in the room for a little while, watched some Food Network and just generally took it easy for a little while. We finally headed out of the room at 1:10pm and walked over to the main building to pick up the monorail and a few minutes later we were walking on to a slightly murky Main Street – where did my blue skies go? Sob.

We were here for the parade and quite easily found a spot at the foot Main Street when the rain came. Bah. Thankfully it was over almost as quickly as it started and we were able to lay out a rain mac and settle in for our viewing of Festival of Fantasy.

Who doesn’t love Main Street Balloons?

Happy Kirstys – my ears are from Disneyland Paris and I adore them. I love Chip n Dale.

You know that moment where you can here the music, the announcer starts with “here ye, here ye” and the excitement just builds until you’re ever so slightly bouncing like a child? Just me? Well this cast member is my Festival of Fantasy twin. He full on acted out the full spiel and it was adorable.

Now, hang on to your wifi – its Festival of Fantasy photo indulgence time.

Ulf had vanished ☹

Got a mime gig elsewhere perhaps?

I just adore these costumes though – so pretty

Swim fishy swim

It was starting to drizzle – we were hoping it would hold off, and we just about lucked out, apart from the occasional splat.

I’ll be shooting for my own hand

Sob.

Those pictures of her after the fire are just the saddest thing. I really hope they get her fixed up soon

Grumpy is over it

My default Disney face

lumosq102 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lumosq102
Excited about Disney

Another favourite costume – the bubble ladies are fantastic

My favourite mice

Sassy

The rain was making Daisy extra fluffy

You may have noticed by now that I’m a big kid. Well, what happened next just about made my year.

This is Pluto spotting my very silly ears.

And then grabbing Chip. He was having issues getting his point across so he bodily dragged Chip over to me & he then saw my ears and made such a fuss & I was a puddle of happiness.

I got big kisses and hugs from my favourite Chipmunk (don’t tell Dale) – he spent so much time with me he actually had to run to catch up with the end of the parade.

That was Disney magic, right there. It doesn’t matter how old you are, they make you feel that joy, like you’re a kid all over again.

We dragged ourselves off the pavement and as we were heading out managed to catch the end of the parade again just as it was going backstage

Love that mouse

Aww

I just adore that parade.

So it was now just about 2:45pm (I’m going to miss that 2pm parade starting time this trip) and we were getting hungry. Our fastpasses were not until 6pm so you know what sounded good? Blaze Pizza. We wanted yummy pizza, and we were not going to be sharing a pie this time either. So – to Disney Springs!

We hopped on the resort monorail for the (literally) 2 minute journey over to the Contemporary and enjoyed the a/c for a few minutes, and the glorious Mary Blair (not Berry, as R always says to tease me) mosaic. We may have stopped by the fantastic shop too.

Bunny!

Remember how much of a nightmare it used to be getting to Downtown Disney by bus? Well today we were at Disney Springs 19 minutes after we left the Contemporary. Much better!

Now – pizza!

It was, of course, delicious. I went with one of the sodas this time and it was heaven – blue sky black cherry – it could replace my eternal love of cherry coke it was that good

(embarrassed I’m taking photos of a soda fountain blurry shot)

I love Blaze Pizza. Its fast, its cheap (they do AP discount here too!) but most importantly its fresh and flavourful. Yum yum yum.

We strolled back out into Disney Springs and it was just lovely, the clouds were breaking up

They have done such a lovely job with this area, I just love it

We found ourselves in front of the Ganachery, a place we had meant to visit on our last 2 trips but hadn’t made it into yet.

this time we made time to go in, and oh my golly am I glad we did. The staff were sharing samples as we went in and it was heavenly.
We got an assortment of their chocolates to take home with us which helped keep the post Disney depression at bay a little.

Happy R with a bag full of deliciousness.

Its not cheap, but it’s a lovely indulgence.
lumosq102 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
lumosq102
Excited about Disney

It was a flying visit to Disney Springs, and with happy tummies and chocolately goodness procured we were on our way back to our room, arriving back at 5:30pm, reverently securing the Ganachery bag before dashing back out into the warm Florida evening – we had fastpasses to get to!

We zipped over to Magic Kingdom on the monorail and power walked up Main Street and through the castle to our first fastpass of the evening :

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

The little one ahead of us did not seem to share our joy in this. Poor kid.

Voyourism with the Seven Dwarfs

Can I live here please?

I once saw a little cat in this garden; clearly I would be very at home here.

Early evening Fantasyland

Dear Irma – please send back the spire from the top of the carousel. Love, W

We took a slow walk from Fantasyland, stopping in at Memento Mori for a quick A/C blast

and down through to Frontierland, where there may have been pouting that Splash Mountain was under refurb.

The Rivers of America is one of my favourite places in the park. Its just so lovely and peaceful, no matter what may be happening steps away, the little walkway along the river always feels like another world.

Big Thunder Mountain was our next stop

For a quick trip into the Wilderness.

We were feeling a little snacky when were walking back down into Frontierland and stopped off at the popcorn cart after hearing good things about their maple popcorn.

Oh my heavens. This stuff is fantastic. Apparently it has now moved from Frontierland to the Canada Pavilion in Epcot, but I will be going out of my way to find this stuff next trip. It is deliciousness itself.

R decided now would be the time she picked up her Country Bear Jamboree souvineer mug from Pecos Bill, and left me in charge of the popcorn whilst she went and procured. Foolish mortal. I was quite happy munching on my popcorn, but poor Kirsty was waiting for a little over 10 minutes for her frozen lemonade whilst it slowly melted on the countertop just out of reach. She kept pointing this out to the cast members, but apparently they had to hand out orders in numerical order, and hers was not up yet. Nevermind that it was a 1 item order and that slushies melt…

So we didn’t end up taking a photo of the mug as we were both a little cranky as we left Pecos Bill.

We strolled back towards Main Street, leaving the grumpy behind n Frontierland, and hopped on the train at the Main Street Railway Station for a little break from what was becoming a very busy park.

Oh that Sunset

We hopped off at the Fantasyland station and walked along that “secret” pathway that leads from Storybook Circus (stopping of in the Storybook Circus loos – a word of advice – avoid these loos unless you really do have to, they’re awful) to Space Mountain for our next Fastpass – it was time to go to Space – and it wasn’t down! Hurrah!

I was shocked. R seemed more ambivalent about it all.

Space visited, it was time to go and see if we could find a spot for Happily Ever After. We decided this time to spend less time waiting for the fireworks tonight and more time wandering around the park in that gorgeous early evening light.

Of course, that meant that we had to pay. Main Street before fireworks used to be manageable before Wishes. Now? Its actual hell. We were pushed, we were driven into, there were cranky people everywhere, and then when we finally had a spot an especially tall chap squeezed himself into the 2 inches in front of us moments before the show started. I would not recommend, no would I ever do it this way again. We have the garden dessert party booked for our next trip, and will probably view it a couple of other times from elsewhere in the park. Fantasyland probably on our first night (JUST SIX DAYS AWAY – SIX – ARGH! )

We then faced the Main Street after fireworks scramble by diving into the Emporium and leaving via Casey’s Corner as we tried to avoid the mass exodus of people heading back to their hotels for the evening. We were like fish swimming upstream as we wound our way to Adventureland for our last fastpass of the evening – Pirates of the Caribbean .

Looking studious / disinterested.

Hey there Donkey

We wants the redhead (to be an emancipated woman who sells rum)

Our last ride of the evening was the ever wonderful Peoplemover where we rested our feet before taking a slow walk out of the park

The lines for the monorail were crazy so we went with the really lovely boat journey back from Magic Kingdom to the Grand. It’s a lovely way to round out the day

We were back at the room a little after 11pm after another lovely day ready for a couple of very packed days ahead.

Day 15 is here

Edited at 09:51 PM.
Old 3 Jun 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Great photos of the parade, your photos are always good though so it's a moot point... apart from when you're taking a photo of the soda machines! I've got Blaze on my list to try out this summer, everyone seems to rave about it.

Hope you have a fab trip, can't believe you are off again. Are you all packed and ready to go?

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

As Abby says, your photos are always fantastic but those parade ones are amazing! Your house must be plastered in photos...there's no way I could choose just a couple

What a lovely moment with Chip as well - proper Disney magic.

The whole fireworks thing sounds horrible. I hope the extra dessert party doesn't have too much of an impact because that's definitely how I want to do it.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

I was just about to post that, as ever, your photos are so wonderful but people have beaten me to it! Never mind, they are, you're very talented. Hope your upcoming trip is fab too
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lumosq102
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Great photos of the parade, your photos are always good though so it's a moot point... apart from when you're taking a photo of the soda machines! I've got Blaze on my list to try out this summer, everyone seems to rave about it.

Hope you have a fab trip, can't believe you are off again. Are you all packed and ready to go?
Thank you Abby

Blaze really is very good - its not gourmet, but its just really good pizza in a lovely setting at a really good price. with amazing soda. Thats where I'll be next Sunday!

I can't quite believe I am going to be honest, this one seems to have snuck up on me, but we are now packed, just need to add in the toiletries and we are good to go.

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
As Abby says, your photos are always fantastic but those parade ones are amazing! Your house must be plastered in photos...there's no way I could choose just a couple

What a lovely moment with Chip as well - proper Disney magic.

The whole fireworks thing sounds horrible. I hope the extra dessert party doesn't have too much of an impact because that's definitely how I want to do it.
Thank you very much and that moment with Chip was just...it made mydaay to say the least

I'll report back regarding the dessert party. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I had always heard that the gardens were pretty quiet during fireworks, so hopefully they won't suddenly be shoulder to shoulder. But I'll never do Main Street again. It was just too much.

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
I was just about to post that, as ever, your photos are so wonderful but people have beaten me to it! Never mind, they are, you're very talented. Hope your upcoming trip is fab too
Thank you so much! Its just nice to be able to share them, otherwise they'll just languish on my hard drive.

And thank you for the trip well wishes. I am verging on unbearably excited.
Old 14 Jul 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Aww fab day! The blaze pizza is yummy and the ganache choc sounds lovely it’s going on the list 😋
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List