Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 28 Jan 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Looking forward to this
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

Looking forward to reading along.
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm planning on my first meal being from Panda Express so following with interest!
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Hope you have had a good flight. Looking forward to hearing how you get on at universal as we are back there in April. If you are looking for an extra dinner choice Vivos on Citywalk was really good in the summer.
Old 28 Jan 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat22
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ooh lovely, food report, following!
Have a fabulous time.x
Kat22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great start, the Chinese/pan Asian meal looked ace, what hotel was it in?
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Following along. Hope you have a lovely holiday!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Great start, the Chinese/pan Asian meal looked ace, what hotel was it in?
The restaurant was in the Sofitel.

So we landed at 4:35pm. It is 6:45pm now, we have checked in and are currently in Citywalk and have just finished our meal at Panda Express. I will write it all up before an earlyish night.

There are what looks like thousands of people streaming out of the conference centre!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 01:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Following along, the meal at Vanda looked good, hope you enjoy your trip 😀
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 01:34 AM  
Link to this Post

In-flight

Upon boarding Nev opted for his customary champagne, he hasn't touched this yet but the choice of glass made it look a little miserly! I just had water which didn't need photographing.

Not long after take off, they took the drink orders. They had earlier announced to the plane that there was somebody on board with a sever nut allergy and could all passengers refrain from eating any nuts that might have brought on board. Accordingly our drinks came without the usual nibbles. I had spicy tomato juice and Nev had a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.

This was the menu. For starter I opted for the white onion soup and Nev had the citrus poached prawns. I thought my soup was quite nice but a bit too salty and it could have done with being a touch hotter. Nev said the prawns were nice but "there were only three of them".

We had pre ordered our mains, Nev had roasted chicken masala and I had the seared British steak with dauphinois potatoes. My meal was absolutely divine, has to be one of the best airline meals I have had and a distinct improvement on anything I have had on BA before. Nev was less enthused about his meal, saying it was ok but a bit dry, I note he did eat it all though.

For desserts, I had the cheese plate and Nev had the banana cake with crime anglaise. He said the cake was nice but he didn't like that the crime anglais was served cold and on a plate rather than a bowl.

Finally, about an hour and a half before landing afternoon tea was served, I had the sandwiched and scorn and Nev had tapas. Both fine.

Overall Nev rated the experience a 6, but I loved my main so much that I am more inclined to rate is an 8.

Edited at 01:37 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List