Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Apr 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

J1 visa, how long left on passport?

I have had a quick look but can’t see an answer. My DD is going to be a camp councillor in Maine this summer but will only have 5 months left on her passport when she returns. Does anyone happen to know if she will need a new one before she goes?
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

No, she is fine.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Thanks, just wanted to check before she went to the Embassy.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Only needs to be valid for duration of her stay.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Thank you. I have one very excited daughter who had her orientation day yesterday.
Old 14 Apr 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

We had the same problem with our granddaughters passport when we travel to USA on 29th Oct. When you also put Britex in the mix we were getting in a quandary what to do but after investigating both US Embassy and UK websites we decided to keep her existing passport..
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
I have had a quick look but can’t see an answer. My DD is going to be a camp councillor in Maine this summer but will only have 5 months left on her passport when she returns. Does anyone happen to know if she will need a new one before she goes?
My DD did this last year in Maine and had a fantastic experience and made some wonderful friends. I’m sure your daughter will have a brilliant time.

Also be careful arranging train times etc for your daughters embassy visit. My daughter had an appointment at 9.30 so we had to book a hotel for the night before. When she got there they told her to come back at 1pm instead. We only just made the train back home which I’d booked for 3pm.

Edited at 11:56 AM.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Dd is going next week for her visa but has booked an open return. She said it’s hard to know when you will be done.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Thanks for advice on train times. Luckily my parents live near London so she can stay with them the night before and my dad is always happy to give his railcard an airing so will go with her. An open return is a really good idea.

How long does it take from applying for you appointment to actually getting one?
Old 14 Apr 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Dd is going next week for her visa but has booked an open return. She said it’s hard to know when you will be done.
My DD is going on Thursday 25th - we are in Disney now and you can’t hold a J1 visa and vacation in the US so she had to make her appointment for after we return.

Her friend went last Friday and was only in about 20 minutes and all sorted.

They both fly on Saturday 8th June from Heathrow but Izzy is on a flight to O Hare 2 hours before Sophie. I think it’s because Izzy needs to pick up a connecting flight into Harrisburg whereas Sophie is being collected by coach for her transfer.

What date do yours fly out?