Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 25 May 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Standard SUV Line At MCO Today. Updated Aug17th.

This afternoon we dropped of the Alamo car so decided to have a mooch through the garage again!

Full size saloon. Full row and good choices.

7 seaters. Full row but no Pacificas

Standard SUV. The row was completely full. With Intermediates

I spotted 1 Standard in the whole row and there were probably 25+ Intermediates parked in there. Not good enough.

I posted the other day about this. Alamo have 2 more chances to get it right for me this year otherwise they will be losing my business.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 02:04 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Super post I've for most part been an Alamo fan but taking your and other bloggers observations.
JD power are 100% correct.
only carhire company getting worse.
Next year Hertz or Dollar for me.
Certainly sad to post this.
Old 25 May 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for the info.. I’ve paid for a standard SUV in September, and don’t expect to get pushed to intermediates, when I’ve paid for standard.
Is the only way to identify it, by code on the sticker in the window?
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

My sister flys out tomorrow. What should she be looking for in the standard aisle and what shouldn't be there?! She says it originally said Nissan pathfinder or similar and now says Ford Edge or similar.
Old 25 May 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
My sister flys out tomorrow. What should she be looking for in the standard aisle and what shouldn't be there?! She says it originally said Nissan pathfinder or similar and now says Ford Edge or similar.
Hiya O2004, if it's any help a friend recently bought a 2018 Ford Edge Titanium 3.5 that came from, I believe, Avis. It's classed as a midsize crossover SUV. Canny motor, comfy and goes like you know what off a stick if needed
Old 25 May 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
k1971
Excited about Disney

Out of interest, what sort of cars can we expect to see in the full size row at Alamo?
k1971 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
RealLifeMermaid
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We had a Ford Edge this time and on previous trips, they are pretty decent Orlando2004 and I’d recommend them.

We ordered an SUV from Avis this time and they “upgraded” us to a Town Car. We needed an SUV for luggage and because my Dad, who was driving, hasn’t driven a saloon car for yonks and drives an SUV and a mini van here in the uk. He kept trying to explain that he didn’t want an upgrade, he needed an SUV but Avis kept insisting he take the upgrade to the town car. They would not give us an SUV despite there being lots in the garage.

In the end we had a scary drive from MCO to our resort with the luggage not all fitting in the boot so us passengers were having to hold cases and bags across our laps. Dad couldn’t get used to driving as low to the ground, especially in the dark and on the opposite side of the road. He usually adjusts very quickly.

The next day he took it to the Avis desk at Embassy Suites Jamaica Court and demanded they change it to an SUV explaining how uncomfortable he felt driving and how he’d paid for an SUV because that was what he was used to and that he shouldn’t have had the upgrade forced on him. He was given the Ford Edge no problem.

We passed loads of SUVs, some of them brand new at MCO. Don’t know what they are playing at!
RealLifeMermaid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Wish on a star
Excited about Disney

I’ve got a full-size suv booked for our upcoming trip. I’ve got no idea about cars though! How can I tell I’m getting the class we paid for?
Any tips?
Thanks
Wish on a star is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

I fly out on Thursday and I have tried to upgrade with VH from standard to full size after your original post but it was stupid price then when I called 24 hours to confirm as the price was so daft (around £380 extra) they informed me my only option to upgrade was a people carrier. My plan now is to make my way to garage see what’s there but I’ve already told my wife to expect a upgrade as I won’t be driving a intermediate. I’ve set my heart on a Ford Expedition now I’ve been looking at full size so looks like I will be seeing what the upgrade cost is in the garage.
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rosemck
Getting Excited

Mobile

I've found Alamo generally try to pull the wool over your eyes and attempt to sell you an upgrade at the desk knowing fine well that there are none of your car category left and they'll need to upgrade anyway, thank god for skip the counter! We've always had a free upgrade once we get to the garage... Must be lucky (main reason why we keep using them). On our last trip to Sanford there were no full size cars left at all and tried to down grade us... Refused this so were offered a ford flex, hideous in my opinion, so also declined this and then got a nice upgrade to brand new Volvo XC60 😎 ... Moral of the story stand your ground at Alamo... But in a polite way helps 😂 luckily my husband knows alot more about cars than me otherwise if I were on my own I would probably unknowingly take a down grade, so folks like me could be easily deceived!
Rosemck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List