Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Jul 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
smevs
Proud to wear my Ears

What Time Do Car Park Charges End ?

Hi all

Just a quickie ...

Does anyone at what time the car parking charges end at the various Disney parks and the Universal car parks ?

Many thanks
smevs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

not sure what you mean

at disney and universal hotels, parking charges are on a nightly basis

on your check out day, you can remain parked there until midnight after you've checked out

at disney or universal parks, parking charge is on a daily basis. You enter, pay once, and pay the one time fee even if you attend a party that lasts past midnight. But you can't remain parked overnight

if this does not answer your question, please be more specific

ETA : oh, you maybe meant, what time do they stop charging for parking at the parks
didn't understand it that way at first

parking is free at citywalk after 6pm
disney might stop charging for parking a couple of hours before closing time, but this must be confirmed by more recent experience than mine

Edited at 04:01 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Disney policy is that charges apply at all times

In practice you may get lucky, often after 7pm there is no one manning the parking booths so you get in for free. However go there expecting to pay and you wont be disappointed.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
smevs
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks - apologies if my query was confusing.

Yes, what I meant was, at what time do the parks stop charging for parking to visit the parks as I had heard that Disney stopped charging at some point. A bit like Universal obviously do at 6pm.
Perhaps this is not the case ?

Thanks for the info
smevs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by smevs View Post
Yes, what I meant was, at what time do the parks stop charging for parking to visit the parks as I had heard that Disney stopped charging at some point. A bit like Universal obviously do at 6pm.
Perhaps this is not the case ?
Officially it's not the case, no. According to Disney's rules, they will charge the full amount no matter when you arrive.

Unofficially, you might get lucky - see the previous comments.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We done MK just before 7 last night and all booths were manned charging full amount, never been lucky going in late !
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Universal car parks are free after 1800.. probably to entice people on to City walk, as unlike Disney Springs, there is no separate car park.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Universal car parks are free after 1800.. probably to entice people on to City walk, as unlike Disney Springs, there is no separate car park.
Should be added that be aware that on HHN nights its isn't free

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

We were weirdly waved through and not asked to pay at about 10am one morning in MK! I could only assume it was random ‘pixie dust’

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We've only once been waved through and that was through the old "back" entrance to DHS around 6 pm one evening.
Having said that, it wouldn't be a normal thing for us to go to a park for the first time that late in the day - we usually park hop so would have the parking ticket in the car already.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List