Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jul 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Are you surprised at Florida prices?

I know the cost of Florida trips gets a regular mention, but even my family were surprised when we were watching Tim Tracker in a Disney store showing some standard tee shirts at $35 and when my wife said she liked it, I mentioned with tax and the current exchange rate it was close to £30 they didn't initially believe me.

I just thought it was important to mention the above, because I was about to go cycling but it's raining.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

With the low $ rate, things aren't the good buys from years back. I wonder if it will ever get to 1.60 plus xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shirley View Post
With the low $ rate, things aren't the good buys from years back. I wonder if it will ever get to 1.60 plus xx
I doubt that will happen for many years, but as I often say at least I enjoyed the good times when the exchange was good (even $2 to £1) and it was good value to eat, drink and buy things out there.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

I find prices are getting ridiculously high given our low exchange rate. I wanted to buy dollars thinking 1.25 was ok, only to find it'd gone down to 1.23! So frustrating as earlier in the year I hovered at 1.30 but thought I'd wait, silly me!
Not particularly looking forward to the supermarket shop either as fresh fruit/veg is at eye watering prices too. 😫
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
To be honest I would love to know what the merchandise sales
Stats are in the parks. Are they turning over more or less. I wonder if a reduction in price would actually see more turnover.the quality of some of the stuff is shocking compared to 10 years ago
Old 7 Jul 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by florida addict View Post
To be honest I would love to know what the merchandise sales
Stats are in the parks. Are they turning over more or less. I wonder if a reduction in price would actually see more turnover.the quality of some of the stuff is shocking compared to 10 years ago
I definitely agree with you regards the quality of Disney/universal merchandise because their tee shirts are more like £5 fruit of the loom quality, and years ago it was much better quality.
Old 7 Jul 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The stuff in the parks is expensive because you can only get them in the parks, we still managed shopping last year. My kids are excited that they get stuff they can’t get here and buy loads, luckily they have there own money. My son got a phone Samsung Galaxy note 8 in Best Buy last year with accessories for about £500 which apparently was a bargain. Food shopping is expensive so it’s better to eat out!
Old 7 Jul 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

In the Malls and outlets especially if the sales are on, even with the poor exchange rate we found things were still cheaper than back home . There still bargains to be had.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We leave in 3 weeks. Hoping the prime minster election will stabalise and boost tge pound.
We brought at 1.31 but have a bit left to exchange (if we cant we wont sort of thing just extra xmas gifts for kids).
We go to clearance stores and never buy in parks unless an emergency. (After buying 3 mickey ear caps for 3 kids at about 60£ and all 3 being lost by lunchtime... oh yeah i learnt the hard way!
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
When we went in May I was shocked at the prices in WDW for the most basic of items and the quality. We always bring gifts back for the little ones this year nope... three stupid bangles $21 made in China , no more than a few dollars value
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List