Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Jul 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Norwegian Airlines

Have you flown with them? How do you rate them? Do you get your own TV with lots of films etc? Are we crazy for booking when they are rumoured to be in financial difficulty?

We were hoping to book Virgin but an unexpected car bill means I really need the £500 saving, but worried it'll impact our "once in a lifetime" trip.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

Flown Premium Economy with them, TV was fine, good selection of movies, though we do take our own to watch as well.

Crew were so so on our flight, had to chase them for drinks. Food was fine, booked again to go with them in October. I never worry about airline failure, could happen to any airline if they have a bad run, we booked with the CC for some safety
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by kirkdalewdw View Post
Flown Premium Economy with them, TV was fine, good selection of movies, though we do take our own to watch as well.

Crew were so so on our flight, had to chase them for drinks. Food was fine, booked again to go with them in October. I never worry about airline failure, could happen to any airline if they have a bad run, we booked with the CC for some safety
I was just coming here to answer, husband, but you beat me to it.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Flew with them in March.. absolutely fantastic service from start to finish.. regardless of their current financial situation however what airline isn't in a bit of financial bother right now..

I booked our March flights last June just before they announced trouble and for 10 months worried straight they'd crumble which is yet to happen.

Book with a CC for additional cover in the worst case scenario or ensure you have travel insurance that covers end supplier failure.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Thank you, it would only be economy. I will check with our bank to see if they cover supplier failure.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
midsblue
Looking for my Ears

Before you book, best check if it’s Norwegian or Hifly / Privilege Style.

Due to engine recalls they’ve had to lease replacements and these are more inferior.

We’re booked to fly LGW to MIA in August on Privilege Style. Seats are older, meals similar but no inflight entertainment. We’re taking iPads stocked with films and box sets so not really fussed.

The amount we’ve saved versus Virgin or BA makes up for the loss of the entertainment. Yes we would have preferred a Dreamliner as we flew this to LAX and it was superb. It’s a budget airline and to us, it’s just the means of getting to our destination.
midsblue is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Lad
Excited about Disney

we flew last year to the west coast with them, LGW-OAK, pretty much ok, not a great selection of movies/programmes, some older movies that we had already seen, flight was good, but i always like the dreamliner, food and crew were really well organised, couldn't fault the outward flight.
return flight crew was really poor, food was poorly organised, came out in dribs and drabs, they wasnt interested in handing out drinks etc, seemed more interested in talking among themselves.

overall i would fly again with them, but only if there was a good saving, which there was, overall saved £900 on the flights, make a big difference to your budget
Yorkshire Lad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

To add to my original post.. our flights were £312 each which trumped the £600 each for VA/BA, price is king these days for me and my partner.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List