Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jul 19, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Universal VR - Sorry I deleted my post as I try not to get involved in politics on this forum but to say it is just a comment at a rally about one politician is misguided and shows no understanding of what is happening in the USA at the moment. That is what I meant by my comment that you have missed something.
Thank you for enlightening me.
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
I’m sorry if my post offended. That was honestly not my intention. I don’t watch TV so rely on the radio and online papers for news reports, although I have little faith in the accuracy of the latter. I will be going to Orlando in September and was concerned that something had happened that wasn’t/hadn’t been reported.
If the (arguably extreme) politics of any nation swayed our opinions of visiting there, then we'd probably be hard pushed to leave our own shores. Or homes.

Trump loves a villain, and in this case he has four. Four for the price of one! Next week the story will have moved on.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
If the (arguably extreme) politics of any nation swayed our opinions of visiting there, then we'd probably be hard pushed to leave our own shores. Or homes.

Trump loves a villain, and in this case he has four. Four for the price of one! Next week the story will have moved on.
What I read and heard about at the rally would not be enough to make me consider cancelling. Threats against tourists? Threats of bombing tourist areas? Threats against non Americans? Those might do, yes. So, I worried I had missed something important. I have friends and colleagues in the US (some Trump supporters and some not) none of them have suggested I rethink my planned trip.
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Omeag1, equally accurately

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
Omeag1, equally accurately

Only if you subscribe to Trump’s rhetoric of division.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
Only if you subscribe to Trump’s rhetoric of division.
In the same way that your cartoon is accurate only if you did not read the full quote of what he said

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
In the same way that your cartoon is accurate only if you did not read the full quote of what he said
I did! Happy trip planning.
Old 20 Jul 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well if they take it to it's natural conclusion then the Native Americans will rule!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

On a positive, should people be put off going to Florida then at least there is more chance of the rest of us not waiting hours for a 3 minute ride (every cloud)😀
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread