Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jul 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
MillieMoo23
Getting Excited

Mobile How much to deliver furniture?

I’m selling a tv unit and storage unit on Facebook, a buyer is interested and has asked if we could deliver them for a fee. It’s one hour each way. What do you reckon would be reasonable to ask them to pay?
MillieMoo23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Brock
Excited about Disney

£ 0.50 per mile is the current mileage rate. it will give you a starting point.
Brock is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MillieMoo23 View Post
I’m selling a tv unit and storage unit on Facebook, a buyer is interested and has asked if we could deliver them for a fee. It’s one hour each way. What do you reckon would be reasonable to ask them to pay?
I think it depends on if you have a good price for the furniture. If you didn’t put delivery on the advert I would be reluctant to deliver and wouldn’t do so for less than £20. I think an hour each way would be too much for me, unless of course it is an expensive piece of furniture.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Personally I wouldn't ever deliver anything like that because you could do a 2 hour return journey and the buyer doesn't want the storage unit or messes you around.

I would ask them to arrange their own courier, but if you really want to deliver it then it's up to you what you charge for your time and fuel.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Beware...

there is a thing on our local facebook page about delivering goods (whether for a fee or not) - people agree a price, ask you to deliver a long distance then say "oh it is not quite what I wanted" then offer half price. You've gone all that way so would be reluctant to take it home again.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
MillieMoo23
Getting Excited

Mobile

Ok. Thanks for your replies. She seems genuine but I guess you can never tell. I think I’ll ask her to pick the items up herself
MillieMoo23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Ask her to pay in advance, she wont change her mind then.
Old 22 Jul 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Having moved house we have sold a load of stuff. Numerous people asked me to deliver and all paid up without a problem. The longest drive was 30 minutes each way.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I wouldn't mind delivering items but certainly wouldn't do a 2 hour round trip as they could easily change their mind.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List