Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Dec 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Finally booked ...

Finally got sorted for myself, wife and 7 year old lad.

Booked through Trail Finders:
20/10/20 - Virgin flight from Manchester to LA

5 nights at Hyatt Regency Orange County

25/10/20 - Daytime Delta flight from LA to Orlando Int’l

30/10/20 - Virgin flight from Orlando Int’l to Manchester.

5 nights at Universal Royal Pacific while in Orlando which was booked through Attraction Tickets.

All flights are direct and with luggage.

Ended up booking as a package rather than breaking it up as the Virgin flights to Manchester and the alternate British Airways flights to London from Orlando were so expensive.

Edited at 03:40 PM.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Glad you got it sorted. Sometimes it is easier to book as a package. We have booked our holiday as a package for 2020. The first time in many years that we have done this.
Stan1805 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Originally Posted by Stan1805 View Post
Glad you got it sorted. Sometimes it is easier to book as a package. We have booked our holiday as a package for 2020. The first time in many years that we have done this.
I had such a good price anyway on the tickets and Universal Hotel that I had some wiggle room for the increased open-jaw flight costs.

Edited at 05:36 PM.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Sounds great, happy planning!
Old 14 Dec 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
BlueMacaw
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Sounds like an amazing trip!
BlueMacaw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Curious as to why you chose Hyatt Regency Orange County for Disneyland? For me, thats a bit too far from the park. How are you getting to the park, are you driving?
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Curious as to why you chose Hyatt Regency Orange County for Disneyland? For me, thats a bit too far from the park. How are you getting to the park, are you driving?
I also wouldn’t choose it as my no 1 priority is ability to walk to the parks. That said I remember back in the days when our children still came with us, I did consider it as there was a separate bedroom and this can be a big blessing

I’d guess nowadays the Uber cost would be reasonable and more convenient than any shuttle which may exists (no idea if one does, or not). We’ve given up hiring a car in Anaheim now and just Uber.
Old 14 Dec 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Price to complement the package based on the availability of hotels they could offer. The hotel had a 4 nights for the price of 3 and a kids suite for less than £500 for 5 nights. The kids suite puts the lad in a separate bedroom.

I had a good deal with the Grand Legacy at the Park right opposite the gates but that was still more and couldn’t be offered in the package.

Shuttles are every half hour starting at 07:15 and there’s always Uber or a half hour walk so no drama.

We are used to staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge in WDW so used to staying a bit out of the way of the parks.

Edited at 08:39 PM.