Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Dec 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dad 50
a Friend of the DIBB

TS Kids Meals with DDP

Soon is our 180 days for booking ADRs and I'm going to book a few as we decide whether to upgrade our QSDP to regular DDP (2A &2C). So i've been looking at menus to help decide.

As I understand it, with the DDP you get an entree + dessert + drink with your meal. Looking at the menus, thats easy enough for for the adults, but I was just wondering about the children's options.

For example at Skippers Canteen, Kids 'choose your own entree' includes a drink of milk/water/juice. Then it mentions 'create your own selections' which includes Broccoli, rice, sorbet, volcano cake etc.

Is the milk/water the included DDP drink for children?
And is the dessert items included in the 'selection' options the dessert?

Thanks
DD
Disney Dad 50 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
My kids love drinking water and milk at home but on holiday they like the fizzy stuff! It was no problem for them to order any soft drink that is available at the restaurant.

I also recall they were able to get any of the adult desserts too instead of the children's options, I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me.

When we went to Skippers they were both over the age of 10 so technically adults for the dining plan. My DS will eat rice, but prefers fries, so we asked if he could swap and this was done, our server even brought out a plate of tomato ketchup for him too. The ketchup was poured on the plate in the shape of a Mickey head.

So, if there are changes or swaps you want to make for either you or your kids they are usually very accommodating.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
You can have a soft drink but otherwise yes it’s two choices from that list. It’s a few years since my kids were 9 but we found the kids meal desserts a bit disappointing.
Although Volcano cake sounds good!
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dad 50
a Friend of the DIBB

My kids usually prefer water, so the drink wouldn't usually be a problem, but I thought if there was a milkshake or something they may enjoy that.
I'm sure I'd get some looks from my kids as I'm eating "Dad's Favorite Chocolate-Peanut Butter Layered Cake À la Mode" as they eat their seasonal cupcake. I suppose i could share
Disney Dad 50 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
hjanea46
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

My ds usually has apple juice with the ts meals. They usually top it up and it must be full of sugar as it sends him loopy!

Helen.
hjanea46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

When mine were under 10 I just let them share the adult puddings or just have them instead of me if they wanted them. I’m not a pudding person so was happy to have a kids pudding or share. You are going to be majorly stuffed by day three TBH so I wouldn’t worry about it. If you think they’d prefer the adult menus look at upgrading their park tickets to adult ones then they will get the adult meals. (Your tip will rise accordingly). It’s not a big increase in cost for the tickets though.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List