Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Dec 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Milk frother recommendations

Hi

Bit of a random one but i've suddenly decided I need a milk frother in my life... i know... its probably going to get used once but hey!

Any recommendations? I want one of those that heat the milk not just one of those whizzy stick things that don't really do anything.

I've had a look online and quite like the look of the lavazza one that is currently £34 (but then discovered it was £19 at the end of Nov) so may wait and see if it drops after Christmas.

x

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

We have the Nespresso one (Aerochino I think it’s called) it does hot and cold frothed milk in seconds...it’s about £50 unless it’s on offer but we saw an identical machine, even down to the little details, in Aldi for £20 at the weekend so I’d run and get that if you’re near an Aldi!
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

I also have Nespresso Aerochino and I love it. It can do the hot and cold frothing but I only ever use the hot setting. It takes maybe 2 minutes, there are 2 levels. You por the milk in, put the lid on and press the button. Then I make my Nespresso coffee. The milk is usually done by the time the coffee is ready.

To clean, the frother thingy just pops out, and then you can clean the inside. The frother thingy also comes apart for cleaning. There is a rubber tube in the lid, which again I take out for cleaning. I just use a sponge and hot soapy water for cleaning and then let it all dry.

Also regarding milk, I find low fat milk froths better than full fat milk.

For flat whites or lattes I would use full fat milk.
For cappuccinos I would use low fat milk.

I also keep a rubber spatula beside the frother, so that I can scrap out all the foam without scraping the inside of the container.

Edited at 02:56 PM.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

I also have the nespresso, wouldn’t be without it
Old 13 Dec 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

I have the Nespresso Aerochino which is excellent and I also have the Dualit milk frother which is also great if I am making more than one mug of frothy coffee.

My DIL has the Aldi version of the Aerochino and it is just as good as my Nespresso one

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Thanks all.. May try and see if aldi have any left, failing that will see what any sales bring! X

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
BnDamo
Imagineer

BnDamo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 12
Aldi have the cream coloured frother available online (black sold out)
aldi/ambiano-milk-...21284313959700
BnDamo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Thanks, will check out my local aldi over the weekend and see.

Old 13 Dec 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

I used to have an electric one but it lasted about a year then only heated as we are campers I like to have a manual option so have one like this: amazon/Covvy-Stain...9CVEKJAAS2KDF5 I heat the milk in the microwave in a mug or on the hob and it frothes up with about a dozen swift pumps.
2021?
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Serious Dibber

Honestly the £1 thing from Ikea is great for me
Adcro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List